SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
I did a simple basic image search for the term "APPLE" and "苹果" at the following search engines relevantly:

"www.google.com"
"www.yahoo.com"
"www.bing.com"
"www.ask.com"
"www.sogou.com"
"www.soso.com"

The results:
All shows the generic apple fruit that we eat at the top few ranking while only Google gave me the APPLE INC.

What is Google thinking?
What makes Google thought we are more interested in the gadget than in the fruit?
Is Google more business minded or something else?

And there's a big difference in results between the singular "WINDOW" and the plural "WINDOWS".

When a kid goes googling for APPLE, he will later tell his mommy "Mommy, mommy, I want a silver apple and not one already munched.".

Google SEO is not manually controlled. Instead, PageRanking is carried out by pigeons...

Summary of Google's Page Ranking Formula:

PR(A) = (1 - d) + d * SUM ((PR(I->A)/C(I))

Where:

• PR(A) is the PageRank of your page A.
  • d is the damping factor, usually set to 0,85.
  • PR(I->A) is the PageRank of page I containing a link to page A.
  • C(I) is the number of links off page I.
  • PR(I->A)/C(I) is a PR-value page A receives from page I.
  • SUM (PR(I->A)/C(I)) is the sum of all PR-values page A receives from pages with links to page A..

Looks like a typical formula learned in my college days.

(from www.whitelines.nl)

Last edited:
where are the pigeons?

that's awful...! they won't be able to peck on the keyboards to do page ranking then!
I used to be #2 on Google Image search for "Sheaf of Callas" globally but have since slipped to page 2 :( <<hint: stone fountain behind bouquet

Shizuma said:
that's awful...! they won't be able to peck on the keyboards to do page ranking then!
I used to be #2 on Google Image search for "Sheaf of Callas" globally but have since slipped to page 2 :( <<hint: stone fountain behind bouquet

How is that awful? Without legs, they can't run or take off and this your an eat them :F

Status
Not open for further replies.