Sentosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyepower

Mar 10, 2007
Yishun
hi all

will be goign Sentosa with a group of frends this week, they want me to be their photographer to do all kinda shots for them.

i am not sure what to bring along, maybe those who have gone there before can give me ideas? like say where to take pictures at sentosa then nice? n should i bring a tripod along?

thankszzz....:)

Sentosa has been revamped and is quite different compare to like last year. I think you will probably hang around the beach side. They are still in the process of renovation, there are some places that is close to public as in thet set up barricades and all that, it is advisable to go in by the new Sentosa train or t least by bus, not very advisable to walk in by foot (you still have to pay $3.00). I brought along a monopod with me when I went there last week which is very helpful. enjoy your shoot.

is it advisiable to bring a DSLR there?
is it safe to bring a DSLR to the beach?

Sentosa has been revamped and is quite different compare to like last year. I think you will probably hang around the beach side. They are still in the process of renovation, there are some places that is close to public as in thet set up barricades and all that, it is advisable to go in by the new Sentosa train or t least by bus, not very advisable to walk in by foot (you still have to pay $3.00). I brought along a monopod with me when I went there last week which is very helpful. enjoy your shoot.

thanks.. i think i am going by the train, it is also 3 bucks rite?
and you brought ur DSLR along or what?:D

I dun fully understand your question, do you mean you want to leave your DSLR there and you go and play volleyball do some other things or you are taking photo there full day with your cam in your hands? Nothing wrong bringing your DSLR there.

it's always a dilemma.... to play or to take photos...:bsmilie:

I dun fully understand your question, do you mean you want to leave your DSLR there and you go and play volleyball do some other things or you are taking photo there full day with your cam in your hands? Nothing wrong bringing your DSLR there.

my meaning is, if i bring my cam to the beach, if i leave it smewhere close to me but do smething else n not looking at the back, isn't it dangerours?

is it advisiable to bring a DSLR there?
is it safe to bring a DSLR to the beach?

its safe... y not ???

jus strap your camera round your neck can liao... :D

bring a monopod will be fine... tripod also can... if u dont mind the weight...

jus be careful of sand getting into your camera's sensor while changing lens... :D

cheers n have fun...

thanks..
sure.. at most i build a tent there to change lens.. jkjk

its safe... y not ???

jus strap your camera round your neck can liao... :D

bring a monopod will be fine... tripod also can... if u dont mind the weight...

jus be careful of sand getting into your camera's sensor while changing lens... :D

cheers n have fun...

hey, seems like u been there before..jus another qns, which beach is better of taking shots? palawan? siloso?

thanks

hey, seems like u been there before..jus another qns, which beach is better of taking shots? palawan? siloso?

thanks

i like siloso... i camp there before... nice... but now should have change quite a bit... :D

jus try out the beaches that are more convenient... :D

thanks so much... one final question, is telephoto lens useful there? its been 2-3 years since i been there i am not sure if there is anything that i can use telephoto...

careful when changing lens by the beach!! later some fine sand can just fly stright to ur camera sensor.......

careful when changing lens by the beach!! later some fine sand can just fly stright to ur camera sensor.......

hey alot of u talked about this.. seems quite a major prob a Sentosa.. is there anyway i can do to reduce it to min? or even no sand!!!
?

thanks

hey alot of u talked about this.. seems quite a major prob a Sentosa.. is there anyway i can do to reduce it to min? or even no sand!!!
?

thanks

y not u just use a point n shoot camer or a prosumer camera instead if ur so worried abt sand fliying into ur sensor n other stuffs .

cheers .

y not u just use a point n shoot camer or a prosumer camera instead if ur so worried abt sand fliying into ur sensor n other stuffs .

cheers .

yar gd idea :thumbsup: but i sold away my PnS liaos left with one lend sister, she brought it to china... so i can only use this....:(

cheers .

If your PnS or prosumer's lens barrel do not have an adapter and a filter on it, dusts and sand can still enter the zoom lens barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.