Sentosa

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
A: Basically, whatever can be improved and what is just right.

2. What one hopes to acheive with this piece of work?
A: Show a wide shot of Sentosa from Vivocity

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
A: 7.30pm

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
A: Colourful

DSC_0483 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

8394153945_e829088228_c.jpg

The sky's not very nice at the time, composition and angle can be improved (noticed a few good spot there like corner near the bridge, etc),tower chopoff you can try panorama (few pics stitched). Google.

Last edited:
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
A: Basically, whatever can be improved and what is just right.

-- need a wider lens for this shot or do a panorama, currently it feels "tight"

2. What one hopes to acheive with this piece of work?
A: Show a wide shot of Sentosa from Vivocity

-- as above, need wider lens for this shot to work

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
A: 7.30pm

-- slightly earlier might have been better, day/time/sky is really something out of your control, can only best guess ... setup by 6.45pm and one shot every 5 mins until 7.30pm, and then see which photo came out the best

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
A: Colourful

-- use post-processing to increase the saturation / vibrance of the photo, give it a more "funky" feel =)

I've never shot this nor had i considered shooting this because I've always found this cluster of buildings too cluttered and there is a lack of harmony. From what I see here, the buildings are all blocking one another and built facing all kinds of directions and doesn't help when you frame in a way where the tower is cut off on the right. There are also some buildings hidden behind (not something you can do about), and the elements just form a relatively thin horizontal strip in your frame, making them look small in proportion compared to the overall frame. You are shooting across the waters but not really tall buildings to begin with. This will make the buildings appear small and taking up only a small proportion of the frame. Not a scene I'd shoot, honestly.

Last edited:
nice colours here....would prefer to crop away some of the sky to place the buildings on the upper third of the frame, and to lose the tower at the right. try shooting during the "blue hour", contrast and colours can also be a bit more vibrant.
e.g.
8404719953_dc5a999567_o.jpg

Last edited: