Sentosa Merlion

Rettuhs

Sep 30, 2009
In a camera
Hi, my exposure to photography started when my brother bought his first SLR camera about 20 yrs ago. I do have a liking for it then but my true passion started more than a year ago when knowing that I was yearning for a Digital SLR, my wife bought a D90 as BD present fo me. Since then I've not look back......I've been frequenting Clubsnap and thought its about time to get more "involved" :bsmilie:

This was one of the 1st few pictures taken with my D90 using kit lens 18-105mm (UV filter).

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
Kindly feedback on the composition, exposure and the technical execution of the shot. No post processing was done.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I just wanted viewers to "enjoy" the picture, please let me whether its pleasant viewing.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It was taken at mid afternoon.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Personally, I like this picture because of the greens in the foreground and and clear skies showing good depth in the picture, as well as good contrast between the colours. A polarizing filter would have sweeten the picture but back then I didnt have knowledge of using 1. I did not apply the rule of thirds because I feel that this composition work well. Please comment.....

Please dont hesitate to give me your honest feedback and thank you!
Cheers!

2011-06-02%20-%20Copy.jpg

I have this one question, why did you choose to shoot from the front versus a 45° to 90° profile shot. I can't make out much of the merlion's shape or bodywork.

Thanks for the question, I believe that questions always makes us think and shoot better. I agree, I should have walk around more to position for a shot that reflects the merlion's shape better since the object is the merlion. Thanks!