Sentosa Flower Show 2006 - my take :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Went to the flower show a couple of days ago, I was so impressed by the amount and variety of flowers displayed there. Took a lot photos, including some macros too. Here I'd like to share some of the flower pics I like. Hope you like them too:

IMGP8756_small.jpg

IMGP8543_small.jpg

IMGP8605_small.jpg

IMGP8607_small.jpg

IMGP8986_small.jpg

Ouch... very sharp! Though I'm real lousy with flowers, I've seen some excellent shots of flowers using very shallow DOF. You might want to experiment. ;p

melvynyeo said:
Ouch... very sharp! Though I'm real lousy with flowers, I've seen some excellent shots of flowers using very shallow DOF. You might want to experiment. ;p

Thanks Melvyn. Personally I'd like to keep as much part of the flower within DOF as possible, but I'd try some shallow DOF ones next time ;) Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

Cheers.

wow, the blue lily is simply breath taking. lilies r one of the most beautiful flowers i've ever seen................................

i like the way u control the dof to be sharp enough for the whole lily to be in focus, yet blur enough for the background to be clean and simple :thumbsup:

ziedrich said:
wow, the blue lily is simply breath taking. lilies r one of the most beautiful flowers i've ever seen................................

i like the way u control the dof to be sharp enough for the whole lily to be in focus, yet blur enough for the background to be clean and simple :thumbsup:

Thanks for the commnts. I love those beautiful lilies too. Glad you like the way I shot.

Well, the frames maybe a bit too tight after seeing some of others takes. Overall I'm quite happy with them too ;)

Cheers.

i agree with what u said about your tight framing..

but they are :thumbsup: nonetheless... i like them! :D

~Arcanic~ said:
i agree with what u said about your tight framing..

but they are :thumbsup: nonetheless... i like them! :D

Thanks. Glad you like them. Guess sometimes we should try something different...

Outlook said:
Gooood pics. Like them all.

Thanks :) I like to use tight composition when shooting flowers, and this works well for water lilies I think (at least in my eyes). But for the others, a better use of DOF with loose frame might be even better.

Glad you like them though.

Cheers.

Nice series! Wah...you can take insects, birds and now flowers liow!

Enjoyed the bee shots most.

For #1 pic, if the bottom white flowers are crop out, would it better? I thought if left with only the reds and yellows in the frame would be interesting.
CY

Wow...I like the lilies series a lot...great work!...I myself shoot mostly on lilies and sunflowers when I was there as they have bee flying around...not so boring...

John Tan said:
Wow...I like the lilies series a lot...great work!...I myself shoot mostly on lilies and sunflowers when I was there as they have bee flying around...not so boring...

Thanks John. Glad you like those lilies too :) I got some bee-on-sunflower shots too, but felt the color contrast isn't there, and the bees just don't look as nice as they realy were when I saw them.

Here are two of my takes:

IMGP8562_small.jpg

IMGP8524_small.jpg

Still need alot practices shooting flowers and macros ...

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.