Sentosa Flower Show 2006 - my take :)


Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Went to the flower show a couple of days ago, I was so impressed by the amount and variety of flowers displayed there. Took a lot photos, including some macros too. Here I'd like to share some of the flower pics I like. Hope you like them too:









 

melvynyeo

Senior Member
Jan 10, 2004
4,860
1
38
Ouch... very sharp! Though I'm real lousy with flowers, I've seen some excellent shots of flowers using very shallow DOF. You might want to experiment. ;p
 

fengwei

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
melvynyeo said:
Ouch... very sharp! Though I'm real lousy with flowers, I've seen some excellent shots of flowers using very shallow DOF. You might want to experiment. ;p
Thanks Melvyn. Personally I'd like to keep as much part of the flower within DOF as possible, but I'd try some shallow DOF ones next time ;) Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

Cheers.
 

ziedrich

New Member
Mar 17, 2004
297
0
0
www.rainmuse.com
wow, the blue lily is simply breath taking. lilies r one of the most beautiful flowers i've ever seen................................

i like the way u control the dof to be sharp enough for the whole lily to be in focus, yet blur enough for the background to be clean and simple :thumbsup:
 

fengwei

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
ziedrich said:
wow, the blue lily is simply breath taking. lilies r one of the most beautiful flowers i've ever seen................................

i like the way u control the dof to be sharp enough for the whole lily to be in focus, yet blur enough for the background to be clean and simple :thumbsup:
Thanks for the commnts. I love those beautiful lilies too. Glad you like the way I shot.


Well, the frames maybe a bit too tight after seeing some of others takes. Overall I'm quite happy with them too ;)

Cheers.
 

~Arcanic~

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2005
2,671
0
0
Westy
i agree with what u said about your tight framing..

but they are :thumbsup: nonetheless... i like them! :D
 

fengwei

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
~Arcanic~ said:
i agree with what u said about your tight framing..

but they are :thumbsup: nonetheless... i like them! :D

Thanks. Glad you like them. Guess sometimes we should try something different...
 

fengwei

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Outlook said:
Gooood pics. Like them all.
Thanks :) I like to use tight composition when shooting flowers, and this works well for water lilies I think (at least in my eyes). But for the others, a better use of DOF with loose frame might be even better.

Glad you like them though.

Cheers.
 

tchuanye

Moderator
Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
5,453
0
38
Visit site
Nice series! Wah...you can take insects, birds and now flowers liow!

Enjoyed the bee shots most.

For #1 pic, if the bottom white flowers are crop out, would it better? I thought if left with only the reds and yellows in the frame would be interesting.
CY
 

John Tan

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2004
5,711
0
36
AMK
Wow...I like the lilies series a lot...great work!...I myself shoot mostly on lilies and sunflowers when I was there as they have bee flying around...not so boring...
 

fengwei

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
John Tan said:
Wow...I like the lilies series a lot...great work!...I myself shoot mostly on lilies and sunflowers when I was there as they have bee flying around...not so boring...
Thanks John. Glad you like those lilies too :) I got some bee-on-sunflower shots too, but felt the color contrast isn't there, and the bees just don't look as nice as they realy were when I saw them.

Here are two of my takes:





Still need alot practices shooting flowers and macros ...

Cheers.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.