Sentosa Flower Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikandarp

Dec 11, 2007
Singapore
Hi Guys,

I shot some snaps between too much rush in Sentosa today. Kindly give me your feedback on the pics. I could not manage to follow rule of third with close up photography.
Lense I had used was normal kit lens 18-135. No macro :( No post processing except reducing size.

Kindly provide your feedback.

2248999844_0da15dc370.jpg

Lovely shots.... now I really regretted selling away my kit lens with my D80. :p

You are only supposed to submit 1 pic for critique per week. Suggest you choose your best of the lot before eikin has to come in.

In any case, the difference with not finding a good composition and with finding one is like photographing for documentation purposes vs an artistic representation. Your photographs are like something I'd see in a school textbook depicting what are the different species of flowers. You have left nothing for imagination or wonder and no room for your subjects to breathe, or in some cases too much room (#7 & #8 hold much promise to let shapes be the photograph).

One can approach such a shoot by treating flowers as a flower or by leading viewers on their own artistic interpretation of what a flower is.

Hi,

I was not aware with rule. I am sorry for the posting.

Thanks Moderator for removing images. I shall not repeat mistake next time.

Hi Guys,

I shot some snaps between too much rush in Sentosa today. Kindly give me your feedback on the pics. I could not manage to follow rule of third with close up photography.
Lense I had used was normal kit lens 18-135. No macro :( No post processing except reducing size.

Kindly provide your feedback.

2248999844_0da15dc370.jpg

color's balance. No macro but like the OOF.

I would choose a different angle, ie, not shooting the hornet's backside. Prrobably head on would be nice. =)
Where's your rule of third with reference to? the flower or the insect?

Status
Not open for further replies.