Sentosa Flower 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

morinokumasan

Jul 4, 2005
Saitama, Japan
Hi folks,
These are some of the pictures which I took today with my Fuji Finepix F700 and Lumix FZ20 camera.
Enjoy ya~

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

ckbekeong said:
Don't mind my queries..... Did you post process the shots?

Yup ckbekeong, some of the pictures were underexposed. I used Helicon filter to boost up the gamma , highlights, sharpen and add frame to the pictures.

Cheers.;)

very nice composition.:thumbsup:

Nice series. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

The BG is not sharp nor totally blur out. Personally, to bring out the flower itself, a clean BG will help. Flower is the subject here. 2 cents.

I thought the trace of processing seems a bit too strong in some pictures.

Otherwise, the pictures are quite nice.

Outlook said:
Nice series. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

The BG is not sharp nor totally blur out. Personally, to bring out the flower itself, a clean BG will help. Flower is the subject here. 2 cents.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. However, this is the best I can acheive for both my compact cameras under macro mode setup(Aperture:F2.8 , Focus Length:7.7mm). I will keep that in mind when I upgrade myself to a DSLR. :)

JSNG said:
I thought the trace of processing seems a bit too strong in some pictures.

Otherwise, the pictures are quite nice.

Thanks JSNG. Cant run away from the eyes of the pros. The sharpening and highlighting with "Helicon Filter" really makes my pictures look kinda "fake" art.....point noted.Thanks~

;)

photo_kbc said:
Winner shots can be view on www.safraphotoclub.com/gallery

The organiser are working with SAFRAPC to upload the daily winners on the SAFRAPC's web site gallery

Thanks photo_kbc. I think my photos are still very amature compared to the pros.^_^. I will take a look at the link later.

Cheers:D

morinokumasan said:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. However, this is the best I can acheive for both my compact cameras under macro mode setup(Aperture:F2.8 , Focus Length:7.7mm). I will keep that in mind when I upgrade myself to a DSLR. :)

Hi,morinokumasan: Did not notice that. Seems the limitation of Compact Camera. Am planing to buy a Lumix FZ20/10/5 camera as a casual camera. Heard that it has IS with 10x optical zoom. For macro mode, can the lens work at tele-end and working distance (camera to target) be around 20cm ? Thanks for your info.

Outlook said:
Hi,morinokumasan: Did not notice that. Seems the limitation of Compact Camera. Am planing to buy a Lumix FZ20/10/5 camera as a casual camera. Heard that it has IS with 10x optical zoom. For macro mode, can the lens work at tele-end and working distance (camera to target) be around 20cm ? Thanks for your info.

These are some of the information which I think might be useful:
1)Optical: 12x Digital: 4x (36mm* wide angle to 432mm* telephoto)
2)F2.8 brightness throughout event in the telephoto range.
3)Optical Image Stablizer(Mega OIS)
4)Shutter Speed:8 - 1/2,000 sec.
5) Hotshoe for external flash unit

It produces satisfactory pictures for outdoor photography.However,when it comes to indoor.......simply CANNOT MAKE IT. Shooting with ISO 200, 400 produces visible noise.It's a well-known issue that lumix cameras have high signal to noise ratio. Although you can use tools like "Neat image" or "Helicon Filter" to remove those noise, that will compromise on the details of the photo. The hotshoe for non-TTL external flash tend to overexpose my subject most of the time.....need to "aga aga" the firing range. Hard to acheive perfect exposure.

last but not least, the OIS doesnt seems to be as steady as what they depicted in the TV commercial....anyway, it helps to counter minor shakes.

I bought my Lumix FZ20 for 480 SGD in Japan, not really sure how much they are selling here.

The specification:
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/fz20/specifications.html

The review :
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz20/

Cheers;)

morinokumasan said:
These are some of the information which I think might be useful:
1)Optical: 12x Digital: 4x (36mm* wide angle to 432mm* telephoto)
2)F2.8 brightness throughout event in the telephoto range.
3)Optical Image Stablizer(Mega OIS)
4)Shutter Speed:8 - 1/2,000 sec.
5) Hotshoe for external flash unit

It produces satisfactory pictures for outdoor photography.However,when it comes to indoor.......simply CANNOT MAKE IT. Shooting with ISO 200, 400 produces visible noise.It's a well-known issue that lumix cameras have high signal to noise ratio. Although you can use tools like "Neat image" or "Helicon Filter" to remove those noise, that will compromise on the details of the photo. The hotshoe for non-TTL external flash tend to overexpose my subject most of the time.....need to "aga aga" the firing range. Hard to acheive perfect exposure.

last but not least, the OIS doesnt seems to be as steady as what they depicted in the TV commercial....anyway, it helps to counter minor shakes.

I bought my Lumix FZ20 for 480 SGD in Japan, not really sure how much they are selling here.

The specification:
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/fz20/specifications.html

The review :
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz20/

Cheers;)

Thanks for your time/help. In macro mode, how close the camera to an object where camera still can focus ? Can it achieve 1:1 ratio ? Sorry the thread is a bit off the way. You may PM me. Thanks.

Outlook said:
Thanks for your time/help. In macro mode, how close the camera to an object where camera still can focus ? Can it achieve 1:1 ratio ? Sorry the thread is a bit off the way. You may PM me. Thanks.

No problem bro.
In the macro mode range, it can focus at 5cm(0.15 feet) and I doubt it can capture a small object at 1:1 reproduction.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.