Sentosa - Colour Layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewtansj

Jul 26, 2007
Singapore
shot this picture in sentosa. thought of creating horizontal layers of colours using the flowers, leaves, trees and sky. After reviewing the picture on my monitor screen, it somehow reminds me of the movie 'Honey i shrunk the kids' hehe... comments?

background14.jpg

I find the trees behind are kind of distracting.

I like the angle!
make me feel like im hiding from someone :D
:thumbsup:
and the wideangle gives it a movie feel le

Sorry but the colour tone doesnt work for me here. Cant really pin point the exact problem for it though- hues are too strong perhaps?

And the pictures appear a little oversharpnened. Would've generally preferred a slightly softer tone when taking wide angle shots for plants and greenery.

Angle and framing is ok.

I would prefer the foreground to be more in focus since it would be a better balance to the middle portion of the photo.

I found the tree in the background ok - not too distracting. But the foreground out of focus is a bit distracting

I would prefer the foreground to be more in focus since it would be a better balance to the middle portion of the photo.

I found the tree in the background ok - not too distracting. But the foreground out of focus is a bit distracting

Agree, I thought so too that the depth of field should be keeping most of the foreground in focus especially. The tree blur and the yellow blur seems to make the entire picture lack focus since they took up such a huge chunk of the framing. just my 2cts

thanks for comments, reposted a clearer picture

The lighting is too harsh or over saturated in PP, the reds in the foreground are distracting and there is no real focal point in this shot.

The lighting is too harsh or over saturated in PP, the reds in the foreground are distracting and there is no real focal point in this shot.

thanks for the pointers, tot the reds could give a sense of depth to the overall composition.:embrass: guess didn't quite made it...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.