Sentosa By Sundown

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Lighting and Composition

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Perfect Scenery

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Just when the sun down , the overcast weather

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Under Exposure , perhaps ?

5270808167_a2f7892bd1_b.jpg

there's an obvious tilt in the horizon. furthermore, with the overcast weather, this turns out to be pretty dull.

i would suggest u reshoot this on another day when the skies r clearer n try to include the sun setting in ur frame. otherwise there's no point of interest in this photo.

there's an obvious tilt in the horizon. furthermore, with the overcast weather, this turns out to be pretty dull.

i would suggest u reshoot this on another day when the skies r clearer n try to include the sun setting in ur frame. otherwise there's no point of interest in this photo.

looks more like a curve....:think:

Thanks for sharing guys , for this one i used setting below :

Focal Length = 10mm
Aperture = f/11
Exposure = 10 secs
ISO Speed = 100
Exposure Bias = -1 EV

And there is barrel distortion on 10mm .

Last edited:

Actually, I thought the sky had potential. If handled properly, can yield a very nice picture as well.

Thanks daredevil123 , for the links .

Is it true that we shall put ND filter for landscape picture on the evening ? because i haven't used it for this picture .

Last edited:
biskandar said:
Thanks daredevil123 , for the links .

Is it true that we shall put ND filter for landscape picture on the evening ? because i haven't used it for this picture .

Need for ND, GND is really dependent on the conditions and what you want to achieve.

Er..if i might add:

1) half or even 1/4 of a tree on the right is pretty distracting...
2) huge chunks of rocks with lots of dirt and old leaves don't make an interesting composition
3) if the TS searched for a better cloud pattern it might have made the composition better..

just my opinion :)