Sensor uncapped or capped in Dry Cabi?

Do you capped or uncapped your DSLR inside a dry cabinet?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaoWei

Mar 14, 2008
Toa Payoh
Hi,

Just asking and doing a short poll to check if anyone cap or uncap their slr body when putting inside a dry cabinet.

I'm thinking that if left uncapped, if there is any dust inside the dry cabinet, the dust might just settle on my camera's sensor. If capped, the moisture will be trapped and fungus might grow.

If the camera is air tight, canon wont be coming out with weather sealed body like wise for other brand.

Capped so there will be no accidents fingering the sensor.

Ryan.

capped lah...

if got cap then please keep it capped...surely you wont wanna make a trip down to the service centre...if the dust issue gets serious.

...is there any reason to keep it uncapped?
TS says because moisture will be trapped
Hi,
I'm thinking that if left uncapped, if there is any dust inside the dry cabinet, the dust might just settle on my camera's sensor. If capped, the moisture will be trapped and fungus might grow.

Hmm. Interesting question leh.

sorry for my noob question,

you mean you guys detach the lens when you store it in dry cabinet? is taht better or is it better to just keep the camera with lens attached as a whole in the dry cabinet?

The only reason why I've recently detached my lens from my bodies is because of better space management. My dang cabinet is getting too small!

Capped, lah of course. The RH is already controlled within the cabinet, so don't need to be so paranoid about fungus growth. Dry cab is not air tight, and each time you open it, there's a lot of air wooshing around, kicking up a lot of dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.