Sensor Gel stick for sensor cleaning.

I only trust the Service Centres to do the cleaning of the VIP of the camera. Penny wise Pound foolish
is not an option for me.

interesting product.

buying from them is cheaper than buy from Amazon UK, will wait till this product become more popular.

I only trust the Service Centres to do the cleaning of the VIP of the camera. Penny wise Pound foolish
is not an option for me.

It is not hard to clean camera sensor.

Cleaning my cameras myself for 7 years, not a single problem there. But if you have no confidence in yourself, then best to leave it to the service centre.

The sensor gel stick is not new, Pentax sold one before. I used it, but it was not much better than just using a good blower (e.g. Giottos Rocket Blower). It does not do very well with welded dust (i.e. dust with moisture). In the end, I still had to do wet cleaning. These days, my sensor cleaning is pretty straightforward:

- Blower for non-welded dust, 90% of the time this will suffice
- Copperhill cleaning kit for the remaining 10% when there is welded dust (after 5 cleanings or so, I still have so many strips left.. think it will last me a long time)

The gel stick has been around for very long. One of the top favorite among Taiwanese and Chinese photographic community.

I still see it for sale here and there in Singapore. Not sure which store now, I remember seeing it in Funan somewhere.

The gel stick has been around for very long. One of the top favorite among Taiwanese and Chinese photographic community.

I still see it for sale here and there in Singapore. Not sure which store now, I remember seeing it in Funan somewhere.

I see, that means I also same like those Ang Moh....... 少见多怪...... lol

Anybody ever tried cleaning their sensor before DIY with Wet clean vs Gel sticks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fetJfPILU3o&list=UUnvgtzmvlb6d58d9BbOKuMA&feature=c4-overview

or Pentax O-ICK1

This looks like a cool product which seems to be safer than wet clean.

heard that it can be reused as long if u got clean stickier paper than the gel

cost about $50+ sgd

only thing i worry is that the gel degrades and start to melt or leave residue over time.

I use d600 and getting very bored of the dust (hopeful the shutter change will fix it)

...The gel sticks will not help a single bit with welded dust (dust with moisture).

For non-welded dust, a good blower (Giottos Rocket) will work. You can't run away from wet cleaning. It's not that hard. I've done DIY wet cleaning for 7+ years, never had a single problem or issue, sold many old cameras (when upgrading) that I cleaned myself without any complaint from new owners.

Reactions: akuma
Blower for non-welded dust, 90% of the time this will suffice
- Copperhill cleaning kit for the remaining 10% when there is welded dust (after 5 cleanings or so, I still have so many strips left.. think it will last me a long time)

May I know where can I buy the copperhill cleaning kit in Singapore? How much does it cost?
Thanks!

Anybody ever tried cleaning their sensor before DIY with Wet clean vs Gel sticks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fetJfPILU3o&list=UUnvgtzmvlb6d58d9BbOKuMA&feature=c4-overview

or Pentax O-ICK1

This looks like a cool product which seems to be safer than wet clean.

heard that it can be reused as long if u got clean stickier paper than the gel

cost about $50+ sgd

only thing i worry is that the gel degrades and start to melt or leave residue over time.

I use d600 and getting very bored of the dust (hopeful the shutter change will fix it)

...The gel sticks will not help a single bit with welded dust (dust with moisture).

For non-welded dust, a good blower (Giottos Rocket) will work. You can't run away from wet cleaning. It's not that hard. I've done DIY wet cleaning for 7+ years, never had a single problem or issue, sold many old cameras (when upgrading) that I cleaned myself without any complaint from new owners.

Posts merged into existing active thread.

May I know where can I buy the copperhill cleaning kit in Singapore? How much does it cost?
Thanks!

Nobody is selling it locally, you may purchase the kit from them directly.

http://www.copperhillimages.com/

I have start an Member Non Profit Mass Order some time ago and gotten the kit.

you can start your own, there are some members interested, but only notice my thread after I've bought the kit.

btw, they are very nice people, dealing with them is smooth and easy.