Sensor Cleaning

rob_502

Jul 12, 2004
Singapore
Hi,

Can someone help me to point out which 3rd party shop is able to perform a good service to clean the digital camera sensor?

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Which camera body you have? Learn to DIY

Can someone help me to point out which 3rd party shop is able to perform a good service to clean the digital camera sensor?
Why not the service center for your camera?

I'm using Sony Alpha7R. For DIY do you have any recommendation on product to use? I am a little apprehensive doing this myself as I might cause damage to the "heart" of the camera.

Why not the service center for your camera?

I wanted to know what options are available out there, so that I can make some comparison (mainly cost) and also happy to hear any feedbacks that others may have on services carried out by a third party shop.

For other newbie, never change your lens near the sea with strong winds. There are tiny salty water droplets in the air that you can't see and will get in :(

$The Entrance (1 of 1).jpg

check out copperhill cleaning kit products reviews, you can find their sensor cleaning tutorial in youtube.
for about the cost of 3 to 4 times sensor cleaning by service centre, you can have enough Eclipse and QuikStrips to do sensor cleaning every week for about two years.

For other newbie, never change your lens near the sea with strong winds. There are tiny salty water droplets in the air that you can't see and will get in :(
If I tell you where and when I have changed my lens some "camera lovers" would faint. Still, it works well without any issues. There is really no need to be paranoid about wind and dust. Even if one changes the lens with 'tiny salty water droplets' present, they will settle on the mirror or the walls of the mirror box. Places that can be cleaned easily of required and where it won't affect the image. Cameras are made and meant to be used, sometimes under harsh conditions. For preserving it, keep it in the dry cabinet and watch from the outside :)

check out copperhill cleaning kit products reviews, you can find their sensor cleaning tutorial in youtube.
for about the cost of 3 to 4 times sensor cleaning by service centre, you can have enough Eclipse and QuikStrips to do sensor cleaning every week for about two years.

Sometime there were many tiny dust could not blow away by using blower, copperhill cleaning kit look like a good solution. Any shop selling in Singapore? Thanks in advance. :)

Sometime there were many tiny dust could not blow away by using blower, copperhill cleaning kit look like a good solution. Any shop selling in Singapore? Thanks in advance. :)

it is not available locally, I did a MO last year, am happy with this product, just need to spend 15-20 mins to clean my camera sensor whenever I need it.
although I can get me sensor clean for free, but the time and transportation cost for visiting service centre is not free. so it is still worth it to do it myself.

anyway, you can get it from Chopper Hill Images or Amazon
you can start a MO to save some money on shipping cost.

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

I wanted to know what options are available out there, so that I can make some comparison (mainly cost) and also happy to hear any feedbacks that others may have on services carried out by a third party shop.

Learn to diy is best, but if you still wish to 'outsource', talk to Steven at camera hospital, http://changmoh.com/camera-hospital/