Sensor cleaniless

Status
Not open for further replies.

hantsung

Jun 7, 2005
Hi guys,

I'm a bit anal when it comes to having clean sensor and glass. But I'm also aware that overdoing anything is never a good thing.

My question is: if I have not changed the lens, that should mean that no new dust from outside the camera should come into the camera and therefore the sensor should not need dust blowing (provided it was dusted before the lens change).

Am I right or should I still try to blow the sensor after every shoot (regardless of any lens change during the shoot).

Sorry if the description is confusing:confused:

Clean it only when you can find dust bunnies on the sensor.

No point to keep blowing at it when there's nothing (you may even introduce new dust particles in during the blowing process instead)

Clean it only when you can find dust bunnies on the sensor.

No point to keep blowing at it when there's nothing (you may even introduce new dust particles in during the blowing process instead)

exactly!!

for me, i don't even clean the sensor/lenses when i change any lenses, unless i find dust specks and spots appearing in my photos. why keep cleaning when there isnt any visible dust?
(ok la, partly becos mine has the integrated cleaning system la)

Even if one doesn't change lens at all, dusts will still get in but at a reduced rate. For me i'll only send it in for cleaning if the dusts spots gets a bit too obvious even at f/8 or f/11. Other times when i send in my DSLR for shutter change or mode dial change, i will also ask them to clean the sensor, including viewfinder and focusing screen.

OK - maybe I'm too anal then :)

OK - maybe I'm too anal then :)

No worries - you're not alone.

I baby my equipment so much that I sometimes don't use it to te fullest~!! :bsmilie:

Even if your body and lens are weather sealed, dust still can somehow gets in. Just blow clean will not do any damage (unless you used yr blower for something else). Normally 99% of dust can be blown away with a blower. if those stuborn dust is not very much, I will live with it. just use healing brush to remove the dust spot in photoshop. Else send it to service center to clean.

Even if your body and lens are weather sealed, dust still can somehow gets in. Just blow clean will not do any damage (unless you used yr blower for something else). Normally 99% of dust can be blown away with a blower. if those stuborn dust is not very much, I will live with it. just use healing brush to remove the dust spot in photoshop. Else send it to service center to clean.

Agree. The weather-seal is only to reduce these elements inside the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.