Sennheiser Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

gammatian

Dec 2, 2005
Anyone knows where I can get a good deal on Sennheiser headphones?

Any particular shop I can trust in Adelphi (for eg?)

Any lobang would be appreciated. :)

i used to be looking for Sennheiser headphones. i walked around adelphi and SLS and i ended up getting at Funan challenger.

and they sold the headphones for $1 cheaper. :bsmilie:

and i am not cheapo. but yeah... challenger seems to have a good range of Sennheisers.

i used to be looking for Sennheiser headphones. i walked around adelphi and SLS and i ended up getting at Funan challenger.

and they sold the headphones for $1 cheaper. :bsmilie:

and i am not cheapo. but yeah... challenger seems to have a good range of Sennheisers.

If you buy at Jaben, look out for the bundles. You'll get your stuff at a much lower price if you're able to sell off the items that you don't want. Wilson @ Jaben also frequently offers free samples of Bacon Salt to his customers, which is IMO a very appetising seasoning

You might want to try the Grado SR60s and the Alessandro MS-1s as well

If you buy at Jaben, look out for the bundles. You'll get your stuff at a much lower price if you're able to sell off the items that you don't want. Wilson @ Jaben also frequently offers free samples of Bacon Salt to his customers, which is IMO a very appetising seasoning

You might want to try the Grado SR60s and the Alessandro MS-1s as well

my Senns 215 and PX10 and 51 something is still serving pretty well... hahahaha

now saving up for a turntable to play vinyl records and a headphone tube amps. :bsmilie:

grado and alessandro not my league lah. so high end....

and i am wondering how would one of these sounds..... :(
orpheus.jpg

Last edited:

now saving up for a turntable to play vinyl records and a headphone tube amps. :bsmilie:

orpheus.jpg

Haha. Those are entry-level headphones that cost about $100. Decently light on the wallet, I guess.

That setup would undoubtedly sound awesome. Another legendary headphone worth noting is the Sony R10. Tried it once at Jaben and it was :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sennheiser's product prices some has risen by about 30% recently to my knowledge. Try Wai lian at 1st floor sim lim sq.

orpheus.jpg
Jaben once had a set of these on loan from elsewhere for audition purposes...pure audio bliss

I'm looking for a Sennheiser PXC 450. Tired of my Philips and really want a nice range. I tried on the BOSE QC3 at the recent IT exhibition (Sitex or Comex?) and I found it rather pleasing.

Looks like Jaben is the place to check up. I've tried Vivo Challenger and have not been able to find what I'm looking for.

@Glennyong
Dude, OMG! Your setup looks "steam" man. Pure audio bliss when you get a turntable for sure. The warmth of the sound will be amazing!

@chanxj
Thanks for the tip. Will check out Wai Lian too.

I strongly advise against buying Bose products. You can probably get better products from other brands for cheaper. Bose doesn't have its own unique sound signature anyway.

I strongly advise against buying Bose products. You can probably get better products from other brands for cheaper. Bose doesn't have its own unique sound signature anyway.

Thx! :)

Quite fixed on Sennheiser PXC 450. This little baby better be a good investment!

I bought a Senn CX200 just recently from Challenger (wary of counterfeit Senns). Not a headphone I know but I just wanna ask if the following issue is covered by the 2 year warranty:

My issue is that the wire on the end that you attach to the player (i.e. iPhone in my case) appears to be "grounded". Only the right channel is playing. Left channel is gone. If I twist/turn/adjust/play with the wire, the left channel works... only to be gone again once there's a (slight) movement to the wire.

Anybody knows? :sweat:

:Later,

If noise insulation is not crucial, get one without noise-cancelling tech. Most closed-back phones do decently with blocking out ambient noise anyway. Think about it. One set with noise-cancelling and one without. Both cost $100 to purchase. Which would sound better?

Status
Not open for further replies.