Sennheiser Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
I have recently acquired a Sennheiser headphones, which sounds really impressive to me, compared to my previous Sony headphones.

Just that, I really crave for those deep, and really deep bass performance, and I was told the PX-200 provide, and of course, test it out with my Rammstein - Rosenrot album, great sounds, but I will have to press down the headphones onto my ear to get a more impressive bass performance.

Any idea?

JediForce4ever said:
Sennheiser headphones do really give deep and strong bass....
For me, I dun press the headphones down..I just increase the volume.

Which is unadvisable though, especially for Industrial Metal, at mid-volume, the tracks are enough to blow your ears.

try the HD600 and HD650, they are open headphones so you need to have a quiet environment, but the bass has body without you feeling you are sharing a closet with a subwoofer. they are a significant level of performance above the HD5×× but you need to run them in for a while.

hwchoy said:
try the HD600 and HD650, they are open headphones so you need to have a quiet environment, but the bass has body without you feeling you are sharing a closet with a subwoofer. they are a significant level of performance above the HD5×× but you need to run them in for a while.

Way over budget, even an entry-level for HD is around S$200+. ;)

I got the PX-200 at around S$90, which is considerably great for me at that price. I will of course get the HD by late-February. :)

dreamerz said:
to increase the bass u may 1 to adjust the equalizer...which i did often to get the rite treble n bass...:)

Haha, which is what I am lack with now. I am using a 7 year Panasonic portable CD player, after my mp3 player met a little misfortune last month.

By the way, any recommendation on audiophile-quality MP3 player?

Sennheiser PX200 is a great portable headphone.:thumbsup: I'm also using it with my discman. I like the bass it can produce(I'm a basshead). You don't really need to press or increase volume to get more bass. You just need to adjust your headphone till you get a perfect fit, meaning no sound leak, and you'll be able to hear the deep bass.

Slivester said:
Haha, which is what I am lack with now. I am using a 7 year Panasonic portable CD player, after my mp3 player met a little misfortune last month.

get a mp3 fone...LOLX...more worth it...LOLX...can call can listen no need bring another item out...:bsmilie:

Slivester said:

Audiophile-quality MP3 player? Yet to see one. MP3 standard itself is already a compromise.

But seriously, I quite enjoy the Creative Zen Vision. I bought one (recommended by some friend) last year after I used the iPod Photo for a few months. I really prefer the Zen's sound quality. To me, the iPod has style, and style only. Nice to show off with it. But the music that it plays is such a ear-piercing torture.

After saying si much praise about Creative, I still prefer to listen from CD played on the hifi.

Go try the even newer Zen Vision M.

Slivester said:
Way over budget, even an entry-level for HD is around S$200+. ;)

I got the RX-200 at around S$90, which is considerably great for me at that price. I will of course get the HD by late-February. :)

hey where did you buy the PX-200 from ? ...kinda interested :think:

dreamerz said:
get a mp3 fone...LOLX...more worth it...LOLX...can call can listen no need bring another item out...:bsmilie:

Definitely don't want that, hehe ;), I have been listening to music via my MPx200 since 2004, and the quality is simply dreadful; low or frankly, near-zero bass response even after I tried to mess with the equaliser setting using a third-party software instead of the Windows Media Player. On O2 Atom with the 3.5mm stereo socket, still, low bass response, and overly high treble even after changing the settings in the WMP equaliser.

I got a relatively cheap flash card MP3 player which I loaded with a 512MB SD with around 100 VBR 96-112Kbps sounds, and 3 albums of CBR 256Kbps Rammstein songs, and the sound quality is only a mere improvement compared to my MPx200. So now, I am considering to get a decent MP3 player, and I tried the iPods (Nano, Shuffle, Video), and they are definitely not what I am pursuing for in terms of sound quality. I have yet to try the Creative products though.

Physical-Graffiti said:
hey where did you buy the PX-200 from ? ...kinda interested :think:

I bought it in Causeway Point's only electronic store (not Courts; can't recall the name, haha). There are a couple of stores selling the PX-200 in SLS as well, although the price is fixed islandwide, as I was told by the saleperson in SLS; the price in SLS is equivalent to that of the CWP store.

Theres a white variant of the PX-200, the PX-200W.

sharky said:
Audiophile-quality MP3 player? Yet to see one. MP3 standard itself is already a compromise.

But seriously, I quite enjoy the Creative Zen Vision. I bought one (recommended by some friend) last year after I used the iPod Photo for a few months. I really prefer the Zen's sound quality. To me, the iPod has style, and style only. Nice to show off with it. But the music that it plays is such a ear-piercing torture.

After saying si much praise about Creative, I still prefer to listen from CD played on the hifi.

Go try the even newer Zen Vision M.

I am not pursuing for a purist's sound, so not entirely true to be audiophile-quality, but decent in a sense that it will not necessary fool a frequent portable audio-player user. I enjoy the hifi set my parents build up over the years, and so I am particular over the quality of sound even on the move. PX-200 really complement well for my cd-player, and with near-cd quality compression, a great mp3 player should pull it off easily.

By the way, I listen to lossless formats as well on my mobile.

kelccm said:
Sennheiser PX200 is a great portable headphone.:thumbsup: I'm also using it with my discman. I like the bass it can produce(I'm a basshead). You don't really need to press or increase volume to get more bass. You just need to adjust your headphone till you get a perfect fit, meaning no sound leak, and you'll be able to hear the deep bass.

Yeah! That is a really fussy hassle for me everytime I put on! (Hehe, you are the first one to really answer my query in my first post).

My player have a little problem with volume setting, the right side goes off at most volume setting, and so its either a real low volume or high volume setting. Bass response is definitely superb, just got a chance today to bring it out to test in public, really satisfied.

Just that, every now and then, especially when on a bus and if it should jerk, the headphones go off position, to a state when all you hear is a high treble and near-0 bass produced.

Even when everything is tight and nice, the sound is more IMPRESSIVE if I press down the headphones onto my ears.

So, I am generally asking: Is there anyway to make the headphones fits more tightly? What I do though, is to put on the headphones from the back, and so the wires will be on my back, and use that little grey moving stopper along the wire to pull the wire down, so theres a pull constraint.

Slivester said:
Definitely don't want that, hehe ;), I have been listening to music via my MPx200 since 2004, and the quality is simply dreadful; low or frankly, zero bass response even after I tried to mess with the equaliser setting using a third-party software instead of the Windows Media Player. On O2 Atom with the 3.5mm stereo socket, still, low bass response, and overly high treble even after changing the settings in the WMP equaliser.

I got a relatively cheap flash card MP3 player which I loaded with a 512MB SD with around 100 VBR 96-112Kbps sounds, and 3 albums of CBR 256Kbps Rammstein songs, and the sound quality is only a mere improvement compared to my MPx200. So now, I am considering to get a decent MP3 player, and I tried the iPods (Nano, Shuffle, Video), and they are definitely not what I am pursuing for in terms of sound quality. I have yet to try the Creative products though.
haha...if u get a mp3 fone u can still continue using ur MPx200...u jus need to get a 3.5mm converter...haha...thats wat im using now...i using motorola rokr....rokr bass :thumbsup: ...better than my old mp3 player...the down side is that it does nt ve in-built equalizer...can only use the itune s/w to adjust b4 uploading into the fone...

dreamerz said:
haha...if u get a mp3 fone u can still continue using ur MPx200...u jus need to get a 3.5mm converter...haha...thats wat im using now...i using motorola rokr....rokr bass :thumbsup: ...better than my old mp3 player...the down side is that it does nt ve in-built equalizer...can only use the itune s/w to adjust b4 uploading into the fone...

Woot? 3.5mm converter work with our Moto phones? I was told by one dealer down in SLS that it won't work! ARGH! And he wants me to buy the original Moto MPx200 headphones for nearly S$30!

Anyway, where did you get your 3.5mm converter? I uses the TCPMP (The Core Pocket Media Player: http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/) on my MPx200 which enables the use of equaliser.

Slivester said:
Woot? 3.5mm converter work with our Moto phones? I was told by one dealer down in SLS that it won't work! ARGH! And he wants me to buy the original Moto MPx200 headphones for nearly S$30!

Anyway, where did you get your 3.5mm converter? I uses the TCPMP (The Core Pocket Media Player: http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/) on my MPx200 which enables the use of equaliser.
haha...urs is window based fone can use window media player mine cant...mine is itune fone...haha...i gt it in sls oso...mine is a 2.5mm-3.5mm converter....ur phone jack is use wat jack?2.5mm?usb? coz gt diff jack...

I'm a PRO-Sennheiser user since like 3years ago. Had HD215, EH2270 and currently HD215. Strong bass with solid effects. Like $130 now. =) really worth it but it's a dj headphone so expect ALOT of stares when you wear it in public. But ought to tell you that mostly all sennheiser headphones will tend to spoil on the left side only.

Slivester said:
Yeah! That is a really fussy hassle for me everytime I put on! (Hehe, you are the first one to really answer my query in my first post).

My player have a little problem with volume setting, the right side goes off at most volume setting, and so its either a real low volume or high volume setting. Bass response is definitely superb, just got a chance today to bring it out to test in public, really satisfied.

Just that, every now and then, especially when on a bus and if it should jerk, the headphones go off position, to a state when all you hear is a high treble and near-0 bass produced.

Even when everything is tight and nice, the sound is more IMPRESSIVE if I press down the headphones onto my ears.

So, I am generally asking: Is there anyway to make the headphones fits more tightly? What I do though, is to put on the headphones from the back, and so the wires will be on my back, and use that little grey moving stopper along the wire to pull the wire down, so theres a pull constraint.

Can't really help you much with that. Perhaps my ear's shape is able to fit the PX200 better:bsmilie: Haha, just joking. Anyway I usually listen to techno and trance with my discman, so I usually have loads of bass in my music, so much that I can feel the whole headphone vibrating like a subwoofer.

But 1 thing I do realise is that your player will also make a big difference in the sound quality and the amount of bass produced. I have tried my PX200 on a lower end discman, and the sound produced is just....argh. But it is still much better than most earphones of course. Compared that to my discman, thats when you can get much more out from your headphone. (Btw I'm using the Sony D-NE20). Now I'm thinking of getting a portable headphone amp to further improve the sound. A bit overkill, but to achieve the best sound, one can go to the extreme...

Status
Not open for further replies.