Senior Citizen Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecil

Mar 1, 2006
Eunos
www.1digital.com.sg
Senior citizens 50 and above, rally round, lets get together and enjoy this hobby.
Newbies, expert who can and willing to contribute, in betweens, etc.
List down your nick and lets go on an outing.
If you do not want to list and wish to be private, pm me then.
Hope that we get a response and kickstart it roaring, perhaps add in karaoke after the photoshoot?

1. Cecil

wah either no senior citizen here or very hard to chio them as all attempts seems to fail to "bring them out into the open" :dent:

Senior Citizen leg no strength to walk, so no shooting ha ha :bsmilie:

Ok how about free workshop cum training for senior citizen who are newbies in photography or who wants to start photography as a hobby? 1 day - 2 hrs theory and 3 hrs outing.
Would any senior citizen be interested in that? No strings attached.:)

Alamak... Lelong... Lelong... still no response...

Ha..Ha...

No offence please...

Yah lah leong... still no response...I don't see why not though, they have age groups, area groups, ole people harder to chior thats all lah, you come in a d help lah stevepow:bsmilie:

Senior citizens don't like to interact?

wat place do u plan to meet? night time? too far also chia lat :sweat:

Somewhere central and beside MRT might be a good idea, somebody can suggest a time and place I'm fine - I ony get the ball rolling lah don't want to be one telling eveybody wat to do lah, afterwards kenna. nobody wants me so I retire - night and day oso ok.

They just DON'T WANT to be called Senior Citizens :think:

Absolutely right on the dot!
Why be bonded with an age group, open up the invitation to every
one who is interested, young and old. Welcoming anyone from
age 15 to 90.

Now back to Cecil:
Photography is for all ages. To start off a regular gathering
with enough enthusiasm is to allow anyone young and old to
interact and not be selfishly bonded by an age group as in this case.

Cecil, it is wiser to start another thread using a more attractive
title rather than just for "Senior Citizens".

Here are some suggestions for the title for the new thread.

1. Welcoming anyone interested in picking up the exciting world of Photography.

2. What photography can do for you?

3. A deeper insight into the fascinating world of Photography. All are welcome.

:):heart::)

Thread starter may wan to have friends, new comers and hobbyist in that age group for easy comminication. Different age may also tends to have different interests and likings, but i am sure thread starter will WELCOME everybody who pops in. The more the merrier and more things to learn from all. :thumbsup:

hmm...i find it rather sad. being labelled 'senior' is supposed to be wiser but i don't see that here.
i'm sure they really feel "old" if they shun from the subject title but my sentiment is that you may be old but if your heart is not old, passion not old, any form of healthy hobby is a great way growing old.

There are at least 50 groups in cs and even though I strongly advocate that photography has no distinction on age, regions, etc. the 50 groups in this gathering and outings category begs to differ and we cannot deny the fact that different age group would rather mix with the same age group due to most likely common interest, so then, since there is no senior citizen group and me being a senior citizen (as far as I'm concern there is no stigma in being a senior citizen - everybody will be a senior citizen before they die - sounds orwellian :bsmilie:).
Whether we like or do not we are senior citizen - an orchid call by other name would smell as sweet. However if most senior citizens think that its derogatory, then fine we can have other names.

"Thread starter may want to have friends, new comers and hobbyist in that age group for easy comminication. Different age may also tends to have different interests and likings, but i am sure thread starter will WELCOME everybody who pops in. The more the merrier and more things to learn from all."

Thank you damn blur - yes like I said earlier, I do not believe in groups but if a group is necessary for us to enjoy and be at ease together as a group then so be it, sometimes the ends justify the means.

All I can say is, I still see a need for a group like this as there is no venue here for a group like that where the rest have.

Hi Cecil,

Long time no hear. In fact I haven't login to CS for quite some time. Good to know you are still actively promoting the hobby. If you remember the old thread :
[url]http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256822&highlight=Snior+Citizen[/URL]
I think for most of us the interest is always there. Perhaps the best way to keep the seniors going is to pm those on the list regarding planned outings. Of course we welcome MORE to join.
This shot taken during one of our meeting.
http://picasaweb.google.com/alpacent/ClubSnap_Sr#5065936984088393890

the name "senior citizen" is good n popular leh. our garmen take good care of senior citizens too. got give discount to so many things like transport and also got priority to buy things at NTUC with discount too BUT no discount for buying camera n lens...ha ha...:bsmilie:

Hi Cecil, i'm not a senior citizen but i am interested to join your activities, i feel that the older generation of photographers have many interesting experiences to share and the old photos you all have of people and places are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.