Sending Tiff files for print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myfz1

Apr 27, 2004
Can I send my photos in tiff format to local developers like Fuji FDI or kodak shops, I mean will they print them?

Petf69

Oct 1, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Myfz1 said:
Can I send my photos in tiff format to local developers like Fuji FDI or kodak shops, I mean will they print them?
I send to 2 Fuji shops..one can't open and one can....

KT at Hong Lim have special rates for CS members and able to print Tiff files.... ;p

singscott

Aug 25, 2004
www.whltelightphotographer.com
FDI only read gif and jpeg. Most of the FDI colour labs have photoshop on their com. Thus depend on your relationship with them. They actually can open the tiff files on photoshop then convert and save tiff to jpeg on their hard drive, so the FDI machine can read it. I know as I have done it many times. :think:

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Petf69 said:

KT at Hong Lim have special rates for CS members and able to print Tiff files.... ;p

whats the special rate? i get $0.30 per 4R print at KT without quoting any special offer...

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Myfz1 said:
Fuji fdi lab can accept tiff format without any conventions to jpg using ps, but tiff format take long time to load into the system, so the lab don’t welcome you send in tiff files for printing unless you are giving them a lot of business.

You can try of sending a same image with different compression setting of jpg files and a tiff format for test prints, to see any different or loss in quality.

EiRiK

Mar 2, 2003
North
www.eiriktan.com
Petf69 said:

u mean special rates for printing in tiff?
konica labs charge 25cents for <100 and 20cents for 100 or more prints. i think kodak is best at digital prints, konica close 2nd. fuji produces the best film and slides but their epic sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom