Send gear to leica agent for cla

monty

Jul 17, 2011
Anyone sent their gear back to leica agent for cla before. I'm thinking getting my m6 and 35 lux pre asph service.

Expect at least a 2 months wait.....but mine came back good as new.

i guess its come with heavy price tag.

Send before and turn around time approx 1.5 to 2 months.

thats not too bad. what if the lens had some issue, like e.g. loose front lens part (not related to glass issue), do u think they might charge extra?
I'm not certain as I had only one time experience sending for CLA. Upon arrival and inspection, Solms will provide a quotation which SG service centre will contact you for decision to go ahead with whatever work required. Else, your item will be sent back and you bear the logistics cost. I have in the past, called Solms and the service centre staff have good english speaking profeciency to help. They are generally helpful and friendly. One frustration though is to wait for German customs clearance after Leica had completed their job. Both times (once was that I had to send in my newly purchased M240 for lug nut inspection) was a wait. Solms staff are even kind enough to provide courier tracking number for customer to tract item so that customer can arm twist the SG service centre to release the serviced items sooner upon arrival. Else the service centre in SG will halt your item for another couple of days adding to your frustration. When one calls for item release (clearly seeing the arrival in SG date provided by courier company), they will claim to be busy and item are still undergoing inspection. Yeah, like real! I wonder what for since SG service centre only does logictics and admin arrangements. Anything more than paperwork, Leica stuff will be sent to Solms. SG service sentre are not even empowered to remove a nut on our Leica item! Avoid sending at the seasonal period that there happen to coinside with a Germen holiday. You know the Europeans, unlike Asians, no one works during holidays! You're doomed if you urgently need the item back.

[SUP][/SUP]
Anyone sent their gear back to leica agent for cla before. I'm thinking getting my m6 and 35 lux pre asph service.

Leica service center is now run by Leica directly. But you can send in to solm directly. By reminder to use only DHL if you are sending your self back to Solm. Service engineer will guide you thu the paper to fill in when send to solm. Before rica took over to run the service center in Singapore, I always send back myself, but ever since Leica run directly, I send in thu Singapore office. When they were running the service thu an agent some years back, I had to send to Solm myself, cause they won't take in to repair the equipment in certain cases....