semeru, bromo, Ijen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guni_hoon

Dec 6, 2004
West
intend to go ard end sep, just after the fasting month. want to trek up semeru (if the gate is open), visit bromo and Ijen.

any trekking operator in malang / surabaya to recommend?

thanks in advance.

Am making a trip to Mt Bromo in Aug.
Wondering about the alternatives to travel to Gunung Pernajakan for that famous Bromo sunrise trip:
1. travel to Cemero Lawang, stay at a guesthouse, wake up at 3am & take 4WD to go to the look out, OR
2. stay at Surabaya, take 12am 4WD, reaching the look out at 4am, OR
3. stay at Malang, take 2am 4WD , reaching look out at 4am?

Which route are you planning?

likely route 1, as my plan is go up semeru first (the tough one), then bromo then Ijen in the far east. so unlikely to be at surabaya or malang. can u share info abt ur cost and agent when u are back?

likely route 1, as my plan is go up semeru first (the tough one), then bromo then Ijen in the far east. so unlikely to be at surabaya or malang. can u share info abt ur cost and agent when u are back?

Got back last week, and Bromo, Borobudur, Prambanan were as beautiful as they say!Thanks for the info from all in this thread! Wife and I went free & easy using public buses and guesthouses w/o agents. But if you want to go Ijen, an agent may be needed cos there is no public tpt to there. We spent about S$712 for the both of us, including airtickets Sgp-Surabaya and then Jogya-Sgp. Photos in here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photos.php?id=1442576390

Status
Not open for further replies.