Sembawang's 10mins of Fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haqeel

Jan 21, 2009
Sembawang, SG
haqeel.livejournal.com
good day everyone.

ive been living in sembawang for the past 7years.
and every first saturday of July, i'd hear fireworks. i can see reflections of it from the opp block window. but ive never catch any for the past few years. :(

every first day of July, you can see fireworks display in the direction of Malaysia and its also where the American Navy docks. Americans celebrate their Independence Day thus the fireworks display.

this year, ive gotten my dslr, so i wanna go snap them!
but one problem, i wanna ask

any sembawang residents here know wheres the best place to catch the fireworks; which hdb flat? i know it happens around 7.50+. and on the 4th of July. right?

thanks! :)

Last edited:
Its on this year @ 8.15pm according to the schedule for America's 4th of July celebrations at Terror Club Sports Complex..

Link Here

I am not a Sembawang resident, so I have no idea which block is good for viewing.

From the directory below, the block with a pretty good view is Blk 507A.
Estimate distance from Terror Sports Club is about 1 km away.
You staying around there, can do a survey and see how is it ?

TerrorSportsClub.jpg

Last edited:
I am not a Sembawang resident, so I have no idea which block is good for viewing.
From the directory below, the block with a pretty good view is Blk 507A.
Estimate distance from Terror Sports Club is about 1 km away.
You staying around there, can do a survey and see how is it ?

alright sure. i'll climb up the flats arond 507a and see which has the best view.
but, i wouldnt know how the place looks like, or i should say, i dont know where at which
direction will the fireworks will take place. will see about it tml! thanks ;)

or you want something like one bro did in 2005, up close and personal..;)

Here

why not this year?
i thought this is an every year event?
cos i live in smb and every year i always hear the fireworks.
so this time i'll get out to see it :)

Cos last year i went with my then gf and her family and i really enjoyed myself. Now we're already separated so it's not going to be the same again.

Pls note that due to the sensitivity of the place (american troops and all), be careful when observing the activities from any overlooking places e.g. HDB blocks, bridges etc. This is especially with regards to photo-taking. You might be questioned by the police on your activities and personal details taken down.

I used to live at around Jalan Mata Ayer area (the stretch of sembawang rd where there's the drive-in mac's and the Nasi lamak further down) and somewhere after NDP, fireworks would be set like somewhere across the army camp. Maybe that's the fireworks you're talking about?

I used to live at around Jalan Mata Ayer area (the stretch of sembawang rd where there's the drive-in mac's and the Nasi lamak further down) and somewhere after NDP, fireworks would be set like somewhere across the army camp. Maybe that's the fireworks you're talking about?

hmmm. if from where u were at that time, i dont think you'd be able to see the fireworks located at the terror club there. not sure..:dunno:

Maybe its a different set of fireworks? But from the American website, guess the club would have fireworks as well. I'll most likely be there at the HDBs to take photos since i live around the area :bsmilie:

Maybe its a different set of fireworks? But from the American website, guess the club would have fireworks as well. I'll most likely be there at the HDBs to take photos since i live around the area :bsmilie:

really? do u mind checking for me from 507A, can have a clear view of the place? :D

thanks!

I'll try to see. Maybe tomorrow if possible.

Anyone went for the terror club 4th july celebrations before? Do they allow dslrs,tripods etc in, or only pns? I'm thinking of going this year since I live in sembawang. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.