Sembawang Sunset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Taken jus over the weekend. For your C&C pls.

Thanks!

409978147_ea3991a554.jpg

versatile, please be reminded to keep posts related to the critique of threadstarter's work, otherwise you can consider starting your own thread in the subforum, thanks :)

Alternatively, tilt your angle lower a bit more, so that the start of the buildings outline starts from the top left & right-hand corner. Framing may be better...:)

Taken jus over the weekend. For your C&C pls.

Thanks!

409978147_ea3991a554.jpg

Hi Catchlights, thanks for your comments. Was thinking if keeping the top part to emphasize the colors of sky. Ok will try to crop out the top to see the effect.

Hi fv18m, tilting the framing lower will introduce more distractions like cars, buses, lights and pedestrians, so decided to take that out originally. Wil post the original pic later to compare the diff ya, thanks!

And versatile, yup.. look almost the same, except we are at different sides of the road ;)

Open to other constructive comments. Thanks!

This is the original image. Messy foreground so cropped the foreground away.

413142952_a7c11b7bdf.jpg

---------------------------------
Here is the pano shot. Is it better?

413198320_065141db35.jpg

i came up with something like that:

samplecrop.jpg

although im not an expert, but the pic does not let me feel it is Sembawang Sunset
I stay in Sembawang :)

although im not an expert, but the pic does not let me feel it is Sembawang Sunset
I stay in Sembawang :)

Same here. I think Sembawang is more recognizable from its landmark dice shaped pavillions at Sembawang Park.

The sunset colors are nice though.

Personally, I think zhang came up with a nicer frame, as it gives the feeling of an endless frame - starts with the MRT, and led on by the street lights into forever... Although the train station & train looks a lil under expose...

My personal thoughts. I am no expert either. Just what I feel "Getting it right" for me

i came up with something like that:

samplecrop.jpg

Okie.... thanks for the inputs.

zhang's photo was good, but could have been better. One could have zoomed in and have the MRT heading for the sunset. TS-er, you could look into re-taking the angle as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!

My original intention was actually to capture as much of the sunset as possible as I have missed so much of the dramatic views so many times and it is just around my neighbourhood. So composing only to capture half the sky was not in my mind then. But nonetheless, it is a reminder again to think abt the composition.

At least I had most of the sky in frame so can think abt composing later ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.