Selphy CP400 underexposed printings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello to owners of the Selphy CP400 photo printer,

Have anyone out there noticed that the photos printed out are about 1/2 to 1 stop underexposed as compared to the image shown on the PC's monitor? This is the result that I mostly get.

Anyone with an explanation and suggestions around this problem. I now overxpose all those photos that I wanted to print. :confused:

TIA. :)

i have these problem also...so i alway ajust the level in ps or use the printer brightness. I dunt know the new CP510 & 710 get better in this area. The spec said got auto dynamic range. Anyone have this printer can share their view...thk:)

hpi3evo said:
i have these problem also...so i alway ajust the level in ps or use the printer brightness. I dunt know the new CP510 & 710 get better in this area. The spec said got auto dynamic range. Anyone have this printer can share their view...thk:)
Thanks for sharing, hpi3evo. Yes, I wonder what the newer models are capable of too...
Anyone to share their experience?

I own the CP500 ... and used the CP400 as well in a recent event.

The CP400's pictures tend to be a little under (using direct printing from my camera via pictbridge). The CP500 also does have the same problem direct printing from camera.

I am also using the CP400 and I thought my shots are all underexposed...

where to set the printer brightness for the CP400?

Ironman, are you printing straight from the camera using PicBridge or from your PC?
As for me, I use my Zoom Browser to print. Before I print, I bumped up the brightness.

Canew said:
Ironman, are you printing straight from the camera using PicBridge or from your PC?
As for me, I use my Zoom Browser to print. Before I print, I bumped up the brightness.
both from camera and zoom browser. for zoom browser, how much "brightness" did up bump it up?

I have a similar model printer as yours.

after some prints, i would think that you need to bump up one notch in the brightness and contrast in the printer control panel before you click on the print on Zoombrowser.

typically my photos after processing in CS2 turns out fine on monitor but if printed on its default printer settings, gives a rather muted and dull image.

try it and it shd work fine. :)

Canew said:
Hello to owners of the Selphy CP400 photo printer,

Have anyone out there noticed that the photos printed out are about 1/2 to 1 stop underexposed as compared to the image shown on the PC's monitor? This is the result that I mostly get.

Anyone with an explanation and suggestions around this problem. I now overxpose all those photos that I wanted to print. :confused:

TIA. :)

user12343 said:
I have a similar model printer as yours.

after some prints, i would think that you need to bump up one notch in the brightness and contrast in the printer control panel before you click on the print on Zoombrowser.

typically my photos after processing in CS2 turns out fine on monitor but if printed on its default printer settings, gives a rather muted and dull image.

try it and it shd work fine. :)
Thanks for the advice, user12343. I will try your suggestion.

user12343 said:

tried it, still a little under & a little too contrasty. :(

think the CP400 in general not so good lah hor?

dunno leh, my prints look fine. maybe sometime can meet and we exchange our printouts and look see look see.... for better comparison, maybe we can email and exchange our photos, print 'em out and meetup for comparison?

user12343 said:
dunno leh, my prints look fine. maybe sometime can meet and we exchange our printouts and look see look see.... for better comparison, maybe we can email and exchange our photos, print 'em out and meetup for comparison?

spounds good, but when?
my sched kinda packed of late :sweat:

I use eyeone 2 and my prints are fine with the CP 400. Used to get 1/2 - 1 EV under before that. I used to work around it by saving a 1 notch up in brightness setting in the print driver, prints looked pretty decent.

one irritating issue about the bumping of 1-notch up in the brightness and contrast setting is that when u print using ZB, and click on the printer properties, it still displays the default zero settings, even after committing the settings permanently in <Control Panel> <Printers and Faxes>....

so everytime b4 i print, must always manually bump 'em up... do u experience this anomaly?
populi said:
I use eyeone 2 and my prints are fine with the CP 400. Used to get 1/2 - 1 EV under before that. I used to work around it by saving a 1 notch up in brightness setting in the print driver, prints looked pretty decent.

user12343 said:
one irritating issue about the bumping of 1-notch up in the brightness and contrast setting is that when u print using ZB, and click on the printer properties, it still displays the default zero settings, even after committing the settings permanently in <Control Panel> <Printers and Faxes>....

so everytime b4 i print, must always manually bump 'em up... do u experience this anomaly?

I'm using Mac, and I can save the settings in the print driver permanetly. No need for checking, it is always there.

user12343 said:

Eh! I am using Windows XP and is able to set the printer default setting to +1 brightness and +1 contrast. Hence, I need not do any re-setting to it everytime I print.

i compared it to my friend's CP710 last night.

the CP710 prints seem more natural & similar to my calibrated screen.
the CP400 seems a little more contrasty though.

markccm said:
i compared it to my friend's CP710 last night.

the CP710 prints seem more natural & similar to my calibrated screen.
the CP400 seems a little more contrasty though.
same pic? from the same source?

Status
Not open for further replies.