Selling Pentax lenses and accessories ?

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
I have been a big fan of Pentax and still is. I recall the peak when Mods like Fengwei will organise monthly photographic events attended by many Pentaxians. However, after so many years, my priorities and interest has changed somewhat and have decided to let go some of the lenses that I have bought but used less than 3 times or not at all. Still intend to keep my camera itself and some of favorite lenses such as the 40mm Pancake which is used alot. However, I do note that there very few buyers in both CS and Carousell even though I priced my stuff cheaper than if bought from the US. Hence want to enquire if there is still a good place to sell k-mount lenses ? Do hope the lenses will go to someone who will use them rather than a reseller. Thanks in advance.

Many like yourself have gave up photography as a hobby or moved to mirrorless (Sony). There are still Pentax users but are not part of this forum. I feel Carousell is still the best platform to sell your lenses. Patience and equilibrium price are the keys to a successful sale.

Reactions: airconvent
many still around and in watsapp chat and they are still verty active.

talking about the latest k3iii

otc

Reactions: airconvent
Thanks OTC . How are you and the gang ? :)
I think the numbers are very small and very niche.
I have posted my items for months and except for a few views, there were no takers, even for the Limited lenses. I would like to have sold to someone who would make better use of it. Otherwise they stay in my dry box un-used. I am not exiting Pentax though. Will still keep my DSLR and 1 or 2 favourite lenses including the Kit lens. Just that I don't need that wide range of lenses.
Eventually, if there are no local takers, will take the risk and try to sell them on ebay to overseas users. :)

Still owning a K5, FA43 and a crippled FA77 (can't manual focus), and Tamron 17-50.

I'm starting to consider would it be wise to hop on Sony a7 series with a k mount adaptor could revive the lenses at least?

Still owning a K5, FA43 and a crippled FA77 (can't manual focus), and Tamron 17-50.

I'm starting to consider would it be wise to hop on Sony a7 series with a k mount adaptor could revive the lenses at least?

If you are still using the camera then makes sense to send the FA77 for repair. Would be a waste to leave a Limited lens in defective mode. I normally hear lens can't auto focus, but how do you not manual focus?

If you are still using the camera then makes sense to send the FA77 for repair. Would be a waste to leave a Limited lens in defective mode. I normally hear lens can't auto focus, but how do you not manual focus?
I've searched around and it seems like a known problem. It can be screw driven to AF with a weird sound, but stay stuck in MF mode. I'm finding the K5 is not keeping up to modern standards and really looking to expand to Sony system...