Sellers Suffering From identity crisis?

Would you let your friend advertise/negotiate/sell your photographic equipment for u?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarii

Oct 20, 2005
Bt. Timah
Would you let yr friends advertise/negotiate/meet up with buyers/ sell your photographic equipment on your behalf?

I've seen an increase in the no. of sellers claiming to be selling on their friend's behalf. They negotiate, meet up and even deal without having to consult this "friend". Very strange.

Seriously, would you let yr friend sell yr thousand dollar lenses on yr behalf, when CS BnS is so accessible? And even if you would, can you actually find someone willing to go through all the trouble of checking/replying to queries, meeting up? Its quite a lot of work... whenthe seller can easily do it himself.

My question really, why play this ruse? If you're the seller, say so. Why do people have to hide behind this friend cover? Do they gain anything? Really I'm curious...

not everyone are fimiliar with computer, internet, like foruming or know how CS's B&S work, some odn't have time to explore here :sweat:

There's once i help my uncle to look for something in B&S cos he dun know how to use the computer and he doesn't know how to read/write english.

So like wise when he want to sell his equipments, he will come looking for me. And putting 'friend' look better then 'uncle'??

i think a primary reason is the seller dont want to be perceived to be the main stake/share holder, hence the illusion of impartiality and also the latent hint, that 'they' have no say over initial/final price/RP (which could be higher than market) or whom to sell to (if they dont like the bidder).

that they themselves are but 'policing' the proceeds and nothing to do with gains.

something like self-justifying to act as judge, jury and executioner all at the same time ..behind a facade, one that no one can verify or ascertain. a vague form of bully tactic

pls dun flame me!!:sweat:

I'm ok with it, but then again, it's not that i don't have the time to sell the stuff i want myself?

solarii said:
My question really, why play this ruse? If you're the seller, say so. Why do people have to hide behind this friend cover? Do they gain anything? Really I'm curious...

perhaps it's an evolved form of the term 'price is non-negotiable'? a kinda of subconscious deterrent for bargain hunters, due to the 'time needed to consult friend' involved. haha

I was just asked to help sell something cos this joker (fren) say that he got no time to upz his sale and I am more familiar w B&S ... joker even lost his CS password and UserID ...

should I help? Hmmm, maybe I should take a cut for my troubles ... ;p

There will be such cases...

Esp. when the seller has stated his limits (i.e. nothing below this price, but dun make too much loss, etc....) or mebbe like I'll let you decide on price, but I'll take it that you will pay me a fixed amount, the excess is "earned" by the fren for monitoring the sales and actually carrying it out...

i think its perfectly reasonable. i myself have sold and bought for my friends because usually if they want camera stuff, they ask me. ill just tell them ill help them look out for a purchase or a sale. sounds simple enough aint it?

but of course, i have not sold 1k + stuff before so cant comment on that

hmmm, my fren asking me to sell for him his D70 plus lens and stuff ...

more than 1 k liao ...

dun black list me hor ... ;p

paradigm said:
hmmm, my fren asking me to sell for him his D70 plus lens and stuff ...

more than 1 k liao ...

dun black list me hor ... ;p

No lah not black listing... Just like to find out how others feel about placing the fate of yr thousand dollar investment in the hands of others... I wld rather DIY cos I can probably get a higher price + it really isn't fair on the guy you ask to sell on yr behalf (esp. when he sees you logging on to CS every nite!)

Becasue it is easy to hide away when things go wrong? (eg spoilt camera, fungus lens, stolen goods etc etc)

I've helped friends sell their stuff, since they can't go online during office hours. No problem so far. Usually I'll make them tell me the minimum price they wanna let go. Ok I admit, usually I get a free round of coffee after that. :p

i helped friends sell their stuff cos they dun surf CS at all but they do have photo equipment they dun know where to sell to expect to Cash Converters.

I guess the main reason would be becos I bought used and have yet to end up with a lemon. Or maybe becos I have sold my own stuff and got my money?

Most people do not really want to risk of dealing with people they do not really know, and sometime do not have confidence of what to look out for (even if I gave them a list). Or simply refuse to do until someone volunteer to do it for them. Otherwise, they just keep the thing in the drybox. Yes, I know a few friends who actually prefer the drybox than to learn how to sell their stuff away, even cash convertor!

Recently, I helped to sell a 20D. I have tested it and so confident was I that I gave a 7days personal warranty. But the buyer had a battery charger problem, so I suggested to the previous owner (the friend) to buy an OEM charger to replace the problem charger. I was easy for me, but he asked "so how??"

What to do?

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO REACH MEMBERS WHO ARE SELLING 3 CHIP CAMERAS ?

NANCY4321 said:
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO REACH MEMBERS WHO ARE SELLING 3 CHIP CAMERAS ?

This is totally OT...

Status
Not open for further replies.