Sellers of photography equipment: It helps to clean up/tidy up your equipment :)

keithwee

Staff member
Aug 20, 2010
LittleRedDot
Was helping a friend check her purchase of an X100 a few days back and the seller produced an X100 that was covered with dirt in the nooks and corners all over.

There were dirt and fingerprints even inside the filter :sweat: and the strap which was supposed to be in 10/10 condition turned out koyak with traces of mud on it.

needless to say even though I was sure the camera was functional after checking but my friend declined to deal which caused time to be wasted for all parties.

Sellers.. (just the minor minor minority of u), it really help to clean up your equipment before meetup.

for me, i definitely take the time to wipe, clean, pack and update the firmware before selling. Good karma will come back.

Just a piece of advice as I was sure that seller was also disappointed the deal didn't go thru.

Stating 10/10 conditions and coming up with mud and dust crusted stuff gets quite close to giving wrong information about the equipment.

Wow this is an extreme situation. Unlucky buyer. Isn't it common sense to present your product properly?

Stating 10/10 conditions and coming up with mud and dust crusted stuff gets quite close to giving wrong information about the equipment.

TS needn't feel sorry for the seller. The seller obviously did it to himself

oh dear, i was quite fortunate that both times i buy from the sellers in the BnS column, the lenses are well maintained. slight dirt is understandable