Sellers backing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
How many of you have experienced this happening here, where you make arrangements with sellers to buy something, agree on a price and meeting date, and then just a few hours before meeting

1. you call the seller to confirm the meeting, and he tells you the item has already been sold

or

2. you call the seller to confirm the meeting, and he tells you the item has already been sold to someone who offered more even though both parties already agreed on a price and meeting time and no communication that the deal was off was received

or

3. the seller tells you he cannot make it and asks to reschedule the meeting, after which he conveniently posts here a few minutes later that the item has been sold.

These 3 things have all happened to me regarding things I planned to buy from the buy/sell section here, and in all cases the sellers didn't even have the courtesy to call or sms me to inform me that the meeting was off, until I smsed them. Imagine if I went to the various places to wait. Is this a sign of the times?

oh!

sausage said:
3. the seller tells you he cannot make it and asks to reschedule the meeting, after which he conveniently posts here a few minutes later that the item has been sold.

happened to me once when i agreed price for a Nikkor AFS12-24 f4. seller conveniently forgot abt me only when i called him up and he said that he ain't selling it anymore, that he would like to keep it. after upon which he sold it off at a higher price. nice, slick move! u're the best! and i still remember this 'special' move from that seller till today.
:thumbsup:

but then again, its business and its nothing personal.

i guess these incidents happen to us one way or the other. remember, its all one big cycle and one day, u'll suffer the same fate. :)

The common thing about all of these is that the seller never even communicated the latest development to us, hoping that we'd forget. This smacks of a lack of personal integrity.

Sausage said:
The common thing about all of these is that the seller never even communicated the latest development to us, hoping that we'd forget. This smacks of a lack of personal integrity.

well, integrity isn't worth much in the business sense of the word. :bsmilie:
we've to learn how to deal with such ppl. even clones and 'market spoilers', if there's such a term.

i jus keep a note on such ppl whom i've encountered. no more transaction with such clowns.:)

This happens vice versa as well.;)

Simple. Because they don't like to eat sausage.

I think there should be a code of ethics for members of Clubsnap to honour the buy and sell activity. Perhaps we need all members to accept such a code of ethics when we join the club. Food for thought.
:(

code of enthic? that's not very possible. theres's already so many clones flaming and spoiling market and stuff. no point. you bid and hope you get the product. that's all that matters.

for me, i kena meeting one of the i*i*ts to meet to buy my lens. He said he wanted to buy my lens and there is absolutely no problem with the lens, and all the box, lens, manual, receipt watsoever is all intact and in neat and pristine condition.
and u all guys guess wat? he said my lens dint give good colour on his D100 and he dun wan the lens. wat a c0ckster. i would be more glad to inform ppl in clubsnap about who is this buyer and refrain from dealing with him so as not to waste ur time.

but sometimes, the item really not up to satistaction. I think backing out in that situation is ok right?

but, i mean, do anyone have any comments about having an awareness list of "blacklisted" sellers?

Hmm... So far my dealings with buyers and sellers have been rather cordial, even when buyers & sellers are like 1 or 2 post counts but lurkers.

If want to back out, early say so. I wun hold it against u.
If last minute back out, I will definitely say something.

There all kinds....had a buyer who backed up after holding a lens for him for 2 months......wanted to buy tripod and a 70-200VR from me....then decide that he rather have trhe AFS 70-200 instead....then ask me to keep on holding the tripod for him, told him to fly kite....

a cantonese saying "one type of rice feeds hundred types of ppl"

one guy asked me to reserved a set for him, gave me his number. then after that, no news at all. sms'ed him, then he wanted to deal on the same day, i agreed. then he said he got something on, then disappear from then on.

another guy asked me to meet at a specified time and venue. i agreed. on the day itself, he never turned up, call/sms also no reponse.

*sigh* these are the bad guys.

but there are also good guys. one guy came all the way from the east to yew tee to conclude the deal. I was so embarassed when he told me that he came all down all the way.

so no need to feel upset, no need to take it personal either.

my 2 cents to share.

jsbn said:
Hmm... So far my dealings with buyers and sellers have been rather cordial, even when buyers & sellers are like 1 or 2 post counts but lurkers.

If want to back out, early say so. I wun hold it against u.
If last minute back out, I will definitely say something.

ya, if buyer want to back out like early it is fine. But not like after I hold the item for you for like one month...

Actually, the WORST is the no-show people or the EXTREMELY LATE people as it waste my time. if you want to back out, at least tell me lah...

If i have problems meeting up with buyer at times, I would normally post the item to him/her at my own cost :)

Buyers also can back out, too.
1. Once i had an interested buyer asked to see my lens. He gave me the impression that he wanted to deal there & then. Drove all the way to Taka, paid parking etc. He happily came out from the restaurant after dinner with toothpick in his mouth, said he wanted to test test. Used his camera, took a few shots, then gave me back the lens. Said he got no cash on him now but will ask his "driver" to contact me later. SMSed him later he said he changed his mind. Bloody wasted my time.

And I was smarter the next time. No money, no deal.
1. Was selling some filters (half interested in selling actually). One persistent buyer PMed me many times. Happened that I was free so replied his PM. Said ok, will deal when I m back in town. So happens, along the way someone else PMed me with a higher offer. So out of courtesy, I PMed the 1st guy, told him I had a better offer but will give him first rights of refusal if he could match the offer I got. Bloody idiot said I played him out (when no deal nor deposit changed hands) and insisted I sell to him at his lower asking price. When I refused, he gave me a bad rating.

So u guys be the judge who is right, who is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.