Sellers backing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, I just again kena 1..
Seller agreed to deal with me today but due to I got to visit my mother today and
don't know what time finish, I arrange to deal tomorrow via SMS earlier today and
Seller replied Noted.
Just sms the seller 1 hr ago to arrange meeting tomorrow and he sms me that the
item was sold.. ha ha ha..
I sms asking him thought we had agreed the deal but he reply that my commitment
was not firm.. ha ha ha
Then I sms him asking how firm is firm? IB him the money to secure the deal or cancel
visiting my mother today just to deal with him?
If I not interested, I won't be bother to sms him to arrange the deal tomorrow thinking
that it still on..
No reply after that...

Anyway, I don't face the above problem or any other problem if I will to deal with
Cser I knew, or reputed seller/buyer..

Also I managed to save some more moeny for other stuffs..:bsmilie:

Yep, now with this itrader thing I make it a point to leave good feedback for sellers who follow through.. they're deserving of it.

I just got a PM from the clown who backed out. I can't believe this... especially the part about "did you promise me you would buy the lens?". Here's what he said.

Day 1: Thursday. Saw your email, sms you. Tried calling you, but you replied through sms. I sms you. At some point tried calling you but you did not answer. But you did sms.

Day 2: Friday - I rescheduled meeting due to work reasons and told
you i could not meet you. My work ended at 6.45pm. You had meeting in orchard at 6.30 or 6.45 (not sure)

Day 3: Saturday - You saw my message of lens being sold and thought i had reserved it for you.

How could you assume that I had sold the lens to you when you had

1) not seen the lens for yourself.
2) I did not mention anything about reserving the lens for you.
3) Did i mention your name in the e-mail.

I told you that i would arrange a meeting on the weekend (meaning saturday or sunday) but i did not give you the time or the date. Neither did i tell you where to meet or when to meet.

Did you promise me you would buy the lens? As a owner of the lens i feel that i reserve the right to sell the lens to anyone i wish. You gave me no assurance of buying the lens. Neither did i give you any assurance of selling the lens.So why can't i sell it to a person who can give me that assurance? I don't understand your point really. Like i said i did not give you a time and place to meet and sell you the lens and not turn up. I also replied to your sms on saturday night saying that i sold the lens. So what do you mean by no integrity?

So going by his logic, this would imply that all arrangements to meet would go something like, "can we meet at that mrt station at that time? I promise you I will buy the item!". Obviously, I'm not going to reply to him, but if he leaves bad feedback for me, I'll do everything I can to make sure he loses his account here. Just today I received a lot of calls from an unlisted number where the caller would just ask for me, and then keep silent... and I've a strong feeling it's this guy after I left him negative feedback.

Most of the people I dealt with never seemed to give me any rating :think:

Got another nasty PM from this guy. Now the thing is, nowhere in the thread did I post this clown's ID, so the fact that he's getting so defensive over PM about a message thread that never named him tells something about how he's feeling now.

Are you accusing me of making phone calls just because you gave me a negative feedback? It just really shows the amount of integrity you have. You are welcome to notify the administrator to revoke my account. To my best of my mind i don't think i had treated you unfairly. Perhaps it was my mistake to notify you late on Saturday night. But Sunday is also a weekend and i still smsed you on saturday night to notify you.

You call me a clown and accuse me of making phone calls which i did not. Well i can understand that you give me a negative feedback on I-trader but to accuse me of making phone calls really speaks volumes about your integrity.

The seller and buyer I met are all very friendly and kept to their words. I too kept to my deal when I sold my Sigma lens. In fact I got a better offer after my cut-off time but I honour my words and sold to a nice gentlemen at the agreed price.

The best seller I met was one who would go all the way to find the manual and receipt for me. Once due to both party busy schedule, the seller even hold on to the items I wanted to buy, That what I call good pratice. If I see the same seller putting up items that I wish to buy, I would not hesssitate to buy from him again. I think those who had deal with me before would also like to deal with me again.

Sometimes you would see quotes like "ups for a good seller" etc, These are the support we would give to sellers whom we trust.

Why earn a few dollars more to ruin your name. If you had agreed to a price, stick to it and ppl would trust you more.

Since you agree that there is no obligation for you to buy, and recognise that there is no obligation for him to sell, then what's the problem?

Sausage said:
So going by his logic, this would imply that all arrangements to meet would go something like, "can we meet at that mrt station at that time? I promise you I will buy the item!". Obviously, I'm not going to reply to him, but if he leaves bad feedback for me, I'll do everything I can to make sure he loses his account here. Just today I received a lot of calls from an unlisted number where the caller would just ask for me, and then keep silent... and I've a strong feeling it's this guy after I left him negative feedback.

Exactly.. it's things like these that give a good reputation to sellers, and make people recommend them to others.

DeSwitch said:
The seller and buyer I met are all very friendly and kept to their words. I too kept to my deal when I sold my Sigma lens. In fact I got a better offer after my cut-off time but I honour my words and sold to a nice gentlemen at the agreed price.

The best seller I met was one who would go all the way to find the manual and receipt for me. Once due to both party busy schedule, the seller even hold on to the items I wanted to buy, That what I call good pratice. If I see the same seller putting up items that I wish to buy, I would not hesssitate to buy from him again. I think those who had deal with me before would also like to deal with me again.

Sometimes you would see quotes like "ups for a good seller" etc, These are the support we would give to sellers whom we trust.

Why earn a few dollars more to ruin your name. If you had agreed to a price, stick to it and ppl would trust you more.

i sell so many things. and no one also bothered to give me a rating. HOooo!

and sellers backing out.... i think i going to get sick about it also....

DeSwitch said:

I like this statement. >>Why earn a few dollars more to ruin your name. If you had agreed to a price, stick to it and ppl would trust you more<<

astroboy said:
that's easier said than done. wat guarantee is there that the 1st guy wun play me out when no deposit has been paid? A lot of ppl say "ya ya i wan" on PM but on the appt date/time, they fail to show up. Remember we r dealing with total strangers here.

When it comes to ppl i know, i wun hesitate to reserve the item for him even if a better offer comes along.

rueyloon said:
in this case I rather you keep your word and sell the the first person you agreed to eventhough you got a higher offer later on.

cheers
Agreed with rueyloon ..

Sometimes its not the seller, but the buyer who attempts to crash a price to his favour.

AGREE WITH JSBN.

jsbn said:
Sometimes its not the seller, but the buyer who attempts to crash a price to his favour.

Anyway, nothing personal. Pls understand that I m dealing with a stranger so have to protect my end. I have reserved items before for potential buyers who never showed up.

Once, I sold a 80-200 lens to a friend. Few days later I saw someone else selling for slightly cheaper. I immediately contacted my friend and asked if he wanted to cancel the sale or maybe I refund him the difference. I m not kidding, I can pull him up here to validate what I said.

The last thing I want to be accused of is being unprincipled or worst... being dishonest.

vickuik said:
Agreed with rueyloon ..

astroboy said:
that's easier said than done. wat guarantee is there that the 1st guy wun play me out when no deposit has been paid? A lot of ppl say "ya ya i wan" on PM but on the appt date/time, they fail to show up. Remember we r dealing with total strangers here.

When it comes to ppl i know, i wun hesitate to reserve the item for him even if a better offer comes along.
Guess that's is the risk of doing B&S activities here.. Anyway, just curious!! anybody paying deposite to stranger here? If seller has no trust in selling to stranger here, buyer on the other hand will also scare to 'Pay' deposite and don't see the seller anymore.. I guess CS do not keep to real identity of their member, only email that's all.. Who will pay?
Sorry... I'm a newbie here, jus my opinion..

vickuik said:
I like this statement. >>Why earn a few dollars more to ruin your name. If you had agreed to a price, stick to it and ppl would trust you more<<
haha... agreed too..

Errz said:
OH! so the fella who play u out is Sausage.
thread starter also do this to others? :bigeyes:

glennyong said:
i sell so many things. and no one also bothered to give me a rating. HOooo!

and sellers backing out.... i think i going to get sick about it also....
Maybe you also didn't give ppl rating lor...

Actually are you guys a little nervous when you all meet up with the buyers??? Aren't you worried that he might turn out the be some bad guy and rob you of your valuables???
I was wondering with the seller took the item and refuses to pay wat can you actually do... Cos for the police to step in buyer has to prove that the item is his.... But how to prove when the seller has the item+receipt+UNFILLED warranty....hmmm...
hahaha....maybe is i think too much...:think:

liveevil said:
Actually are you guys a little nervous when you all meet up with the buyers??? Aren't you worried that he might turn out the be some bad guy and rob you of your valuables???
I was wondering with the seller took the item and refuses to pay wat can you actually do... Cos for the police to step in buyer has to prove that the item is his.... But how to prove when the seller has the item+receipt+UNFILLED warranty....hmmm...
hahaha....maybe is i think too much...:think:

Hey.. u r giving crooks ideas....:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.