sellers' alert 81682435

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wurdelak

Apr 7, 2009
westcoast
www.flickr.com
just wanna make sellers especially new ones to beware of this number (81682435), i just had a very bad experience dealing with him today!

he sms me, inquiring about the lens i ma selling saying that price is ok with him, and that he can deal at pioneer mrt. i said ok but i can only go there after work in the evening, he agreed to meet up.

i rushed to pioneer mrt after work, in fairness, he came there to meet me on time... checked the lens (after sooo long), then asked me "this one, fungus ha?":bigeyes: i was shocked, coz the lens is just 3mos old, still under warranty, and i would NEVER sell any DAMAGED more so, FUNGUS infested lens!

i just smiled and told him he must be mistaken, he insisted and then... touched the front element of the lens with his finger, then told me "you see? it's there." when all i can see is the smudge of his finger on the glass!

i still kept my calm and told him to see it under a good light(there's a brightly lit bakery in front of us) he said, it's ok, he can see it good! then, put on the lens hood and started shaking and turning it like it is the focus ring!

then asked me "why like that ha? shaking!" i told him it's not the focusing ring and it's normal, if he want the hood to not move a bit, he can get the screw in type (am still smiling), he just looked at me and said, he's not buying it because there is fungus! then giggled after saying it!;(

i just walked off before my inner demons get loose... he might end up in the hospital if that happened and me... in jail! (patience is a virtue;))

i am charging this to experience, but am taking this opportunity to warn you about this buyer... he will just waste your time, test your patience, and smudge your item!:thumbsd:

take note of his HP number 81682435.:thumbsd:

You plastered his mobile no. in the forum, might as well put his nick up...

Well, he should not have touch the lens element as it was not his property. At that point, I would have ask that he pay for the lens at the agreed price since he already "damaged" the goods.

You plastered his mobile no. in the forum, might as well put his nick up...

Well, he should not have touch the lens element as it was not his property. At that point, I would have ask that he pay for the lens at the agreed price since he already "damaged" the goods.

i was actually thinking of that bro, but i choose not to, coz my temper is already at the edge and if he answered me in a wrong way i dunno whats gonna happen next, but am sure it ain't gonna be pretty!

i don't know his nick here in CS, if i do, i would definitely put it up.

i was actually thinking of that bro, but i choose not to, coz my temper is already at the edge and if he answered me in a wrong way i dunno whats gonna happen next, but am sure it ain't gonna be pretty!

i don't know his nick here in CS, if i do, i would definitely put it up.

http://tinyurl.com/y8rk8my

;)

thanks bro, this is cool! so, this is his nick duongtnb

:bsmilie: Now you've mentioned it. :devil:

now i think that he was trying to tell me that the lens has fungus so he can lowball me and then sell it at a higher price!:think:

thanks bro, this is cool! so, this is his nick duongtnb

now that you have posted his nick, you may as well post his picture as well. :bsmilie:

Well, you can set any reasonable claims and arguments.. but the real issue is, how to enforce it?

If he doesn't want to buy, you also LL rite..

Many times, such dealing/transaction rely on "gentleman acts". If he already behave like that, one can reasonably infer that he is not a "gentleman" and any talk is likely to be fruitless.

If you happen to meet an Ah Beng.......... just LL lor..

Well, you can set any reasonable claims and arguments.. but the real issue is, how to enforce it?

If he doesn't want to buy, you also LL rite..

Many times, such dealing/transaction rely on "gentleman acts". If he already behave like that, one can reasonably infer that he is not a "gentleman" and any talk is likely to be fruitless.

If you happen to meet an Ah Beng.......... just LL lor..
True, it is not enforceable but my point is that TS should have let him know that he is not happy with him touching the lens element with his fingers. Of course, he can play punk and ignore TS but at least make it known that he doesn't appreciate him doing that.

Is best to bring someone to tag along while doing such deals.really hard to expect what would happen if you are alone in it.for myself I always have someone watching my back when I am dong ny transaction cause our gears may cost thousands of dollars and is not a small deal. Just my 2 cents

I think we should put a sticky on "Buyer Beware: How a little bit of dust spot wouldn't affect your image quality" on the buy and sell sections. Fungus is brown spec, and doesn't grow as a singular dot.

Previously when i was selling a lens (EF 50 f/1.8 II), a buyer saw dots on the rear element and i went to get cleanroom cloth and solution to clean it for him. Checked and was still not happy and attempted to clean himself, but he didn't wet the cloth. More or less the element got scratched but he said if i didnt come to a compromise, he wouldn't accept the lens. Already listed at $100 but he didn't want.

To kiwi2:
The OP shop fella shouldn't have a right to touch your lens. You could have shouted at him/wacked his hand away when he cleaned with a cloth...

Last edited:
To TS,

I agree with the others if you feel uncomfortable with certain buyers just tell them after all money no change hands not transacted -> not their property.

I had many bad experiences. Most with Lenses and got a worst one so far is cam body. The buyer evaluated for almost an hour and keep on pointing out nonsense thing and repeatedly told him no discout yet he came up with the deisgn of the cam not good! errrr I am a consumer myself I dont' manufacture it. :sweat:.............. I just walked away and eventually sold to a genuine buyer who is on the wait list that same evening.

PS: I do compile my own bad buyer list in my HP. :eek:

Last edited:
True, it is not enforceable but my point is that TS should have let him know that he is not happy with him touching the lens element with his fingers. Of course, he can play punk and ignore TS but at least make it known that he doesn't appreciate him doing that.

Go meet to buy his lens... happy happy touch touch here and there. See how he reacts. Take a photo. Come back to CS and post :angel:

To TS,

I agree with the others if you feel uncomfortable with certain buyers just tell them after all money no change hands not transacted -> not their property.

I had many bad experiences. Most with Lenses and got a worst one so far is cam body. The buyer evaluated for almost an hour and keep on pointing out nonsense thing and repeatedly told him no discout yet he came up with the deisgn of the cam not good! errrr I am a consumer myself I dont' manufacture it. :sweat:.............. I just walked away and eventually sold to a genuine buyer who is on the wait list that same evening.

PS: I do compile my own bad buyer list in my HP. :eek:

Pls do share the "LIST" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.