Seller goes MIA.. What the?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkplayandlove

Jan 25, 2008
Here goes.. On friday i saw this thread by roofies selling the 450d at 1250.. on the thread there is people offering 2k.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383123

so i smsed him and said i can deal at 1250 and i told him i can meet up on sunday, he said ok and confirm time on saturday.

on the thread he also stated
thanks for all the interest.

unit reserved at 1250 for 9*****42, pending sale this weekend.

yup thats my number...

on saturday, sms-ed him called him.. no answer no replies.. sunday smsed him also no reply.
from one of the reply, i thought he should be a reputable seller and all..

but why go MIA ON ME? i suspect maybe someone offered higher than me and he sold to him/her? i think it's really irresponsible regardless he sold it or ignoring me, since he already promised to reserve for me.

waste of time and my sms and everything, feeling pissed till now... why cant he honour the deal?!! at least he can reply and tell me whats going on.. instead of making me wait and wait and wait.

from one of the reply, i thought he should be a reputable seller and all..

He only has 96 posts. The "recommender" only has 16. Hardly enough to be reputable.

He only has 96 posts. The "recommender" only has 16. Hardly enough to be reputable.

hmm...

well, kinda true...

but that makes me highly recommended then?

its the integrity problem. anyway, part and parcel of the internet... just look for another deal then.

Okay i actually looked through roofies posts too and saw that he is quite active in the selling thread.. my bad, urg.

thanks anyway! just ranting, heh.

Okay i actually looked through roofies posts too and saw that he is quite active in the selling thread.. my bad, urg.

thanks anyway! just ranting, heh.
Actually moderator should help by sending warning e-mail to him or put him on black list;p
Later if he keep doing it, deregister him loh as I know they had do it before:D
Should warn others about him and put it in the selling thread of something:nono:

Actually moderator should help by sending warning e-mail to him or put him on black list;p
Should warn others about him and put it in the selling thread of something:nono:

well, we can't judge someone just from a 1 sided report do we...

there was this trader point system which went offline due to some issues.

so meantime, just do your own research, anyway... even if you bid and won the item, if the item is a lemon, also will be another problem.

Agree that it's pretty hard for the moderator to be the judge. If they do, it would take up tremendous amount of their admin time.
Buying online carries some risks. really no choice. if want to play safe, buy off the shelf(shop), especially nice newer models, like 450D.

double digit poster cannot be counted as reputable.
most of the time these ppl post only to sell their unwanted item only.
even with the itrader system, vrzone also have plenty of seller/buyer problems.
hardwarezone with the list of blacklisted seller/buyers facing even more problems.

well, we can't judge someone just from a 1 sided report do we...

there was this trader point system which went offline due to some issues.

so meantime, just do your own research, anyway... even if you bid and won the item, if the item is a lemon, also will be another problem.
Agree:)
Buyer should do their own research but somtime suah suah still get cheated;p
Hope the trader point system can help people in the future:D
But maybe if 50 or 100 different people complain about the seller, can do something or not;p

Agree:)
Buyer should do their own research but somtime suah suah still get cheated;p
Hope the trader point system can help people in the future:D
But maybe if 50 or 100 different people complain about the seller, can do something or not;p

think 10 enuff to do something liao... unless his sales is like 100000 then only 10 complain...

buy and sell at your own risk, the moderator wont care less, they dont have the time for that.
Please read this guidelines , especially the 2nd post by darren :

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8466

also, did the seller cheat his money?? no , the seller played him out only.

no big deal.

buy and sell at your own risk, the moderator wont care less, they dont have the time for that.
Please read this guidelines , especially the 2nd post by darren :

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8466

also, did the seller cheat his money?? no , the seller played him out only.

no big deal.
Ya loh, such thing always happen on the web:)
Consider himself suah loh;p
On the other hand, lucky no money transaction take place.
Often happen in ebay why people pay already but didn't receive the goods.
That's the risk you need to pay for getting cheaper price on the web:D

well, this is reality.

at least you wasnt tricked into buying something faulty, and he would just disappear. i.e, cheated.

anyway, it's just a deal that didnt fall thru..no money was exchanged yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.