Seller deal with another buyer after confirmed the deal with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathanh

Jul 10, 2008
Yesterday I saw an ads in B&S section, called the seller right away to reserve the set. Everything went smooth, meeting this evening. Guess what, this morning he message me "auction closed for another buyer". Lol I thought we have confirmed the deal yesterday.

Then I call him again, he says that he wants to keep the lens :bigeyes::bigeyes: (nice try). What a joker.

Sad ley such lack of honour. I dunno lah, for me, even if someone offers higher price and I confirm with someone else, the item goes to the person I have confirmed with. I rather gain a friend than a few miserable dollars.

Pathetic seller! It's something not too surprising already though, since we also have many buyers who back out last minute etc. NOthing much we can do but hope we won't meet such people often in future.

It happened both ways. Sometimes buyers do not honour the sale.....

Don't worry ,it happen most of the time. Just moved on.

My worst encounter is with this guy who asked me bring laptop and camera down. He tested the lens, viewed the sharpness on the laptop.

After 1 hour and 15 mins, he said he is happy with the lens and its sharpness, i thought i could close the deal and suddenly he asked can i reserve it for him till he gets his pay 2 weeks later. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

Needless to say i said no and sold the lens off to another buyer the next day. Terrible...

Last edited:
Actually I don't mind if he really wants to keep the lens. It's clearly that he's bluffing with me.

I've also had buyers back out on me. I just make it a point never to deal with them after that, no matter what their reason is unless it's very valid. A confirmation of a sale is a confirmation of a sale. Both parties must honour the deal even if a better one comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.