Sell Photos..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

boen

Jan 19, 2006
ponggol 21
Hi guys,
i have been to europe quite a few times and i realise there companies out there willing to pay good price for good photos, be it for magazines or other advert usages..
just wondering in singapore is there any way for us to sell our photos as well??
:sweat:

boen said:
Hi guys,
i have been to europe quite a few times and i realise there companies out there willing to pay good price for good photos, be it for magazines or other advert usages..
just wondering in singapore is there any way for us to sell our photos as well??
:sweat:
We're global now, aren't we? :)

lsisaxon said:
We're global now, aren't we? :)
True True...
tot of sending in there as well, heh...:bsmilie: but if singapore got even better lor as not so troublesome.. :sweat:

boen said:
True True...
tot of sending in there as well, heh...:bsmilie: but if singapore got even better lor as not so troublesome.. :sweat:
Singapore companies never pay well one..

oh please... my fren from Imperial College Civil Engg just went to Paris on a sponsored trip...
Company asked the students to submit their best photo with the company mascot in it together with background of paris... Best pic get 20GBP... that's the best form of Ang Moh making use of students.... ahaha.... so i dun really think that ALL ang mohs pay well... although there might be more companies that do than in Sg...:bsmilie:

you can sell your photo's @ deviantart...

londonray said:
oh please... my fren from Imperial College Civil Engg just went to Paris on a sponsored trip...
Company asked the students to submit their best photo with the company mascot in it together with background of paris... Best pic get 20GBP... that's the best form of Ang Moh making use of students.... ahaha.... so i dun really think that ALL ang mohs pay well... although there might be more companies that do than in Sg...:bsmilie:
But hey, they sponsored the trip! there's no free lunch in this world. Here, just have to be glad the company doesn't take away your lunches. ;)

I sell my photos through different microstock agencies. Many of these have sprung up in the last year as direct (but much cheaper) competitors to the old-fashioned stock houses such as Getty, Corbis and Alamy. They offer photos for sale at bargain prices, for which the photogrpaher will get a certain commission (different sites, different commissions).

The arguments for and against this new-style of stock photography are many. For me, it would take me years to get a portfolio together to submit to Getty. In fact Getty just bought the largest and oldest microstock site, iStockphoto, for $50m as a way of breaking into this profitable market itself.

Through the microstock industry, I have found an avenue that allows me to make a decent income each month. if you want to know what 'decent' means, then PM me - I don't want to shock too many people here, who have already expressed their doubt and dismay at this industry. But I'm talking 000s not 00s.

If you want links to the website, please visit http://www.phildate.com.sg and go to LINKS, you will find them all there.

wow... thank you so so much for so many avenues n options for me to try sell the photos..
thanks!!!!! God Bless!
:lovegrin:

Phildate said:
I sell my photos through different microstock agencies. Many of these have sprung up in the last year as direct (but much cheaper) competitors to the old-fashioned stock houses such as Getty, Corbis and Alamy. They offer photos for sale at bargain prices, for which the photogrpaher will get a certain commission (different sites, different commissions).

The arguments for and against this new-style of stock photography are many. For me, it would take me years to get a portfolio together to submit to Getty. In fact Getty just bought the largest and oldest microstock site, iStockphoto, for $50m as a way of breaking into this profitable market itself.

Through the microstock industry, I have found an avenue that allows me to make a decent income each month. if you want to know what 'decent' means, then PM me - I don't want to shock too many people here, who have already expressed their doubt and dismay at this industry. But I'm talking 000s not 00s.

If you want links to the website, please visit http://www.phildate.com.sg and go to LINKS, you will find them all there.

I agree. Coming from the stock photography industry, I do know of photographers who make millions a year. HOWEVER, do not take stock for granted as it can be very heavy upfront investment UNLESS you are so good that the agency pays you to shoot.

Just sharing...

CHeers
Linda

Phildate said:

not to nit-pick but its common courtesy to declare referral links wherever possible

adamadam said:
What does that mean? :)
navigate to his links page and you'll see that the links are referrals to the microstock sites

I think you are nit-picking - of course if people express an interest in making money from photography I am going to try and get their referrals. However, there were no direct links on CS so I think your comment is uncalled for. I have given some useful advice (on the thread and through PM) and therefore a link to my own website is fully justified - this is not spam and I don't need a slap on the wrists from anyone here thank you.

I'm not here to nit-pick on you neither do I wish to argue the matter further. If you feel that way I apologise and I'll like to leave it at that. Cheers and no bad feelings.

relax ah everyone...
:lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.