Sell my bike to get a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
sounds crazy? I'm seriously thinking about it.. a bit overkill do you all think?

how much is your bike cost..

Big Kahuna said:
A DSLR is certainly safer than a bike on the road :thumbsup:

Not exactly if you see what some photographers do to take the best shots.

I think u should ask urself.... which do u need more?

aand personal preference...bike = human cover metal....dangerous.... if take public transport can see more things....shoot more with ur dslr... :bsmilie:

A bike is the cheapest transport, you sell it, you are sure to spent 3 times more on your transport. And without a bike, carring your equipment out for photo shoots will not be convinent. Just a hint. A bike can bring you to those hard to reach places for photo shoot. Public transport don't. Plus you can cross the causeway anytime also.

What bike u riding?

How about downgrading your bike and getting a used dSLR?

selling yr bike means sacrificing yr mode of transportation.
if u ride to work then it will be a big sacrifice.
if u have another means on transportation (not public transportation) then sell it for dslr.
btw, body is a necessity (upgrading never ends), good lenses are investment.

ST1100 said:
How about downgrading your bike and getting a used dSLR?

Agreed with the 1st part, but should buy a new dSLR

scud said:
selling yr bike means sacrificing yr mode of transportation.
if u ride to work then it will be a big sacrifice.
if u have another means on transportation (not public transportation) then sell it for dslr.
btw, body is a necessity (upgrading never ends), good lenses are investment.

Agreed on good lenses are investment, but may not make you a good photographer. ;)

By the way, what bike are you riding. I don't agree on downgrading to a wave if you are riding a class 2A or class 2 bike. Biggers bikes are usually safer than smaller bikes, although you are paying much more, but I think safety comes first. I am riding a ST1100, and since then, I had never thought of downgrading. Maybe you can go on hire purchase for the DSLR.

It's not the size of the bike that matters,it's the rider mentality.

i've been riding for the past 10 yrs,from 125cc to 1450cc,they are all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.