sell lens? keep lens? or.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireZ

Deregistered
Sep 21, 2008
Morning Peeps..
a question stirkes me...hm...currently i'm using canon 450d wif 18-55mm IS, 55-250mm IS and 50mm F1.8....
was considering getting tamron 17-50mm f2.8 though 18-55mm IS serves pretty well too...
in order to get tamron, nid to sell my 18-55...but i tot of sellin 50mm f1.8 since this lens only works well at f2.8 which tamron can achieve that too...
1)should i sell my 18-55mm IS and 50mm to fund for tamron(will the tamron produce sharp and bokeh image at f2.8 like wat 50mm can?? )
2)shd i jus keep 18-55 n 50mm?...
or...
3)shd i sell 18-55mm IS, keep 50mm and then, go ahead wif tamron?

*note: not sure whether it will trigger ppl whom will start using this term "spoon-feeding" or wat so ever similar terms....but if that's e case, input wun b require..(afterall..no thread available for this sort of suggestion too!)
thanks a lot!:)

hf a bless day..
cheers!

was considering getting tamron 17-50mm f2.8 though 18-55mm IS serves pretty well too...

Ai yo why still wan to get the 17-50mm :bsmilie:

Thats just me but I would still retain the cheap but fast 50mm prime cause it comes handy for me for dimmer lights / thinner dof. ( I suppose u might do away with it if you hardly use it at all )

Ryan

Morning Peeps..
a question stirkes me...hm...currently i'm using canon 450d wif 18-55mm IS, 55-250mm IS and 50mm F1.8....
in order to get tamron, nid to sell my 18-55...but i tot of sellin 50mm f1.8 since this lens only works well at f2.8 which tamron can achieve that too...
1)should i sell my 18-55mm IS and 50mm to fund for tamron(will the tamron produce sharp and bokeh image at f2.8 like wat 50mm can?? )
or...

*note: not sure whether it will trigger ppl whom will start using this term "spoon-feeding" or wat so ever similar terms....but if that's e case, input wun b require..(afterall..no thread available for this sort of suggestion too!)
thanks a lot!:)

hf a bless day..
cheers!

Keep your currrent set-up.... 18-55 for spare as you won't know you will get a sharp or lemon tamron copy

If you get a lemon, it will take you a 'nong nong' way to go

As for 50f1.8, can you explain why yours works well from 2.8? Post your pics in 1.8, we can advise you

to ryan: "Thats just me but I would still retain the cheap but fast 50mm prime cause it comes handy for me for dimmer lights / thinner dof."
okok..noted that...

to chalib: "As for 50f1.8, can you explain why yours works well from 2.8? " not tat it dun work well...but at f2.2 below got tat fringe...which i find tat f2.8 is better...
therefore...since i often use at f2.8...so..i'm thinking, might as well get tamron 17-50 which also provide f2.8 which works well in low light condition (though focusing might b bad but i can manual since i dun do event n stuff(still learning..a noob here))...n also, 2.8 can get the bokeh too...hence, i thought tamron is quite a general choice for me...
like wat i said..i "thought"...
hence wanna hear from your...
i'm also not tat type of ppl who like to anyhow waste money or...buy wat other ppl buy..monkey c monkey do...
all i nid is something tat can do properly (not tat 18-55mm can't do..jus tat..in low light condition...is not tat gd perhaps it goes wif flash)
oh ya...so...if i dun get tamron....i can get a 3rd party flash too...
well...i jus wanna get a more "firm" ans b4 wasting $$$....NS life....poor kid i m..
cheers!

to chalib: "As for 50f1.8, can you explain why yours works well from 2.8? " not tat it dun work well...but at f2.2 below got tat fringe...which i find tat f2.8 is better...
therefore...since i often use at f2.8...so..i'm thinking, might as well get tamron 17-50 which also provide f2.8 which works well in low light condition (though focusing might b bad but i can manual since i dun do event n stuff(still learning..a noob here))...n also, 2.8 can get the bokeh too...hence, i thought tamron is quite a general choice for me...

Fringe? avoid shinny object you are fine....

I din say 17-50 is not good, just make sure you get a good copy..... this is one of the best budget 2.8 zoom lens

If you mean purple fringing, it's not anything you cannot correct in post. Despite all the raves the Tamron 17-50 gets I'm not convinced that it's worth splashing out for it to replace the 18-55. The 50/1.8 is plenty sharp for me from 2.2 onwards, and I would keep it for sure.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479581
the above link belongs to 1 of the seller...
he got a pretty sharp tamron wif nice bokeh...
hence..tot of selling kit n 50mm for it...but only if the tamron f2.8 is comparable to 50mm f2.8..else..i'll jus keep this set up..

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479581
the above link belongs to 1 of the seller...
he got a pretty sharp tamron wif nice bokeh...
hence..tot of selling kit n 50mm for it...but only if the tamron f2.8 is comparable to 50mm f2.8..else..i'll jus keep this set up..

hmm...keep the 50mm n sell the kit for it..

another vote to keep...argh...stress...
but..from the lens from the link
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479581..
is it worth getting?..2 yrs old le... quite sharp isn't it?...

50mm is really useful when u in a low light situation...

if u have doubt abt dat lens, then dun buy lor...

wait for a newer one or get a new one instead.:)

hm....okok...perhaps like wat i read from 1 of the thread...if i keep thinking of something while slp, eat n slack...perhaps tat's wat catches me..
haha..
will spend time considering again n again..
thanks all peeps ya..!:D

IMHO, u should keep the 50mm 1.8 AND the 18-55 IS, unless U REALLY need $100 to survive.
These 2 lenses could hardly get u $100 each if u sell it 2nd hand.

IMO, U MUST get the tamron 17-50, bcos it is the SHARPEST and CHEAPEST mid range zoom u can find- BEST value for $. But it is a bit heavy. Sometimes, when u just want to go light, the 18-55 IS is the best bet, super light, nice range and IS also.

and as some bros mentioned, it is a good spare- u never know when u do the dreaded camera drop.....

yo bro gunawan...hm...is gd to haf best of both world but, serving NS wif tat pathetic allowance...can't allow myself to spend...tat's y earlier i mention tat..if tamron can do well for bokeh wif its f2.8 from 17-50mm...which can easily do up e job of 50mm f1.8, then i might as well sell kit n 50mm for tamron...
but then again...50mm seem to b a real keeper from experience shooters...hence... i thought is gd tat currently i'll follow wat the experience-r shared...
as for weight wise, it shdn't be a problem for me to handle though...after all, my set up is quite simple, jus wif a 55-250mm IS...which i dun intend to sell for sure since it works very well for me...
money...hai...y can't it jus fall from sky..haha..joking joking..
cheers!

or...

your own cash flows,

your own situation,

your own decision.

personally, a 50mm prime is always good for the depth of field, while it may not be tack sharp wide open but you still can produce photographs that you won't be able to with f/2.8 limiting.

as for IS, well, i never had that problem, because pentax has in-body stabilisation.. but that's a story for another day.. :bsmilie:

yo morning..perhaps shd DIY....steal the IS from the lens n install to canon body..lol..
how i wish there is those "crack code" for camera..
lol..
haha...
haf an enjoyable Sunday..
cheers;)

money issue? then don't buy anything and keep your existing set-up..

I kinda agree with Lost Dog. Don't buy the Tamron yet.

Do you find the 18-55 kit limiting your photos already? Is there any way around it? Some low-light situations can be solved with a tripod, and some with a flash. These are 2 accessories you'll need in future no matter what lens you change. In my opinion, either will be a better choice than getting the Tamron now. Of course, I'm assuming you don't always always shoot in low-light. How about increasing the ISO?

NS pay is measly... save save save! =)

I'll have to chime in and agree with the two posters above. Don't buy unless you're absolutely sure, and it sounds like you're not. A tripod and flash will serve you better than just a lens upgrade. Save until you're sure, and keep the lenses you have.

You're not going to get much money for them anyway. Why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.