Self-Timer

kpinnacle93

Aug 31, 2010
East
Hi

I wanted to take a group photograph and was trying set the self-timer. Looking through the manual, I tried following the instruction on the manual but it doesn't seems to work.

Could someone advise me on that? I am using a Nikon D5000.

Many Thanks
kc

Hi

I wanted to take a group photograph and was trying set the self-timer. Looking through the manual, I tried following the instruction on the manual but it doesn't seems to work.

Many Thanks
kc
please specify which part or step do not work.

Hi

Many Thanks
kc
did you see the timer symbol appear on the back LCD?

The S with a square around it is the usual shooting mode. It represents 'single-shot' mode. If multiple-shot mode, will be some squares layered on top of each other.

Last edited:
@catchlight - after completed all steps. i.e went to the customer setting menu > timers/AE lock > Self-timer > set to 5s / no. of shots 2.

@zerocool - eh.. didn't see any on the screen for the sign you had mentioned

Regards
kc

kpinnacle93 said:
@catchlight - after completed all steps. i.e went to the customer setting menu > timers/AE lock > Self-timer > set to 5s / no. of shots 2.

@zerocool - eh.. didn't see any on the screen for the sign you had mentioned

Regards
kc

I think you have to change "shooting mode" to self timer. I can't remember the exact name.

well, after you have set the timer, you need to press the shutter button... i think maybe you missed that step...

hitendra said:
well, after you have set the timer, you need to press the shutter button... i think maybe you missed that step...

Hahaha funny la you. I think he set what happens when self timer is activated, but didn't switch shooting mode to self timer :)

Hahaha funny la you. I think he set what happens when self timer is activated, but didn't switch shooting mode to self timer :)

yep.. have to start the self-timer, right :)

but hopefully his problem is sorted out and he takes a great group photo

Press MENU/ Infor button,
Go to the left and select up and down to the PENCIL icon.
select CUSTOM SETTING MENU on the LCD.
Click down to c TIMERS/AE LOCK and click to the right.

Hi All

I have found it! I have found it! yay!!! Although its after all the function/parties are over.

Go to CUSTOM SETTING MENU > click 'Shooting/display' > 'Assign Self-timer/Fn button to Self-timer icon. Of course you will have to go to the Timers/AE lock to set the choice of timers. - 2s 5s 10s or custom.

Thank you Catchlights, Zerocool, hitendra and mitsucolt for your invaluable feedbacks.

Hope the New Year bring smooth sailing to all your endeavours. :)

Regards
kc

Well done :)

:devil: you should get a D90 :devil:
Just push the "shooting mode" button and turn the scroll dial to timer mode! Easy as 1-2-3!

(just teasing you hor...)

Well done :)

:devil: you should get a D90 :devil:
Just push the "shooting mode" button and turn the scroll dial to timer mode! Easy as 1-2-3!

(just teasing you hor...)

wa.. you are poisoning me with D90 wor. Am still an idiot to DSLR world ya.... got the D5000 last Sept and still trying to figure out on the how and when to adjust the speed, aperture, iso, dof and stuff like that. woooo my head is in a swirl :confused:

definitely need more of your guidance in the coming days ya.... ;)