Self potraits! Need help

How do you all aim and shoot? I know it sounds kinda stupid but I find it hard to compose my shots. Haha

With regards to the gear listed in your signature?
Will be quite tough to hold with outstretched hand and shoot :)
Best is to use tripod and pre-focusing (to the spot where you'll be standing) in manual focus, then timer/remote.
There was a thread recently about this. TS was asking about taking self-portraits for modelling clothes for her blogshop. Similar case.

ZerocoolAstra said:
With regards to the gear listed in your signature?
Will be quite tough to hold with outstretched hand and shoot :)
Best is to use tripod and pre-focusing (to the spot where you'll be standing) in manual focus, then timer/remote.
There was a thread recently about this. TS was asking about taking self-portraits for modelling clothes for her blogshop. Similar case.

I used the tripod but the hard part was getting the focus right haha. Is it? I will find it to read about it. Thanks!

if u can adjust ur eyes to see through the lens of the camera, when taking self portrait, u can sometime see the AF focus point. for me i got try once before using the af point to auto focus, find the af point through the lens and take a photo. turned out ok...

its abit lame. but yea it worked for me:think:

if u can adjust ur eyes to see through the lens of the camera, when taking self portrait, u can sometime see the AF focus point. for me i got try once before using the af point to auto focus, find the af point through the lens and take a photo. turned out ok...

its abit lame. but yea it worked for me:think:

Wah. Bionic eyes? Didn't know that could be done.
But that means using AF and remote?

You can set to manual focusing on the spot you are standing/sitting (maybe put a teddy bear in your place) and then just use remote/cable release.