Self made diffuser for build-in flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torak

Sep 4, 2009
Has anyone used self made diffuser for build in flash? Since I cant find any diffuser for my Sony alpha's build in flash, i hv to make my own LOL.

I tried putting tissue onto the flash itself. While it worked to an extend, there is a chao ta smell coming out! So i don dare to put tissue anymore :bsmilie:

I found this thread which the thread starter did a self made diffuser as well. But I think paper might not be the best material for it?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162839

or does any shop sell build in flash's diffuser?

I saw one in the mass sales forum here, but that guy didnt sell the diffuser for Sony Alphas (I saw the alpha version but its for sale in Malaysia)

I saw some at Orient Photo, Sim Lim (6th floor). For Alpha you can also check MS Color in AMK.

or does any shop sell build in flash's diffuser?

I saw one in the mass sales forum here, but that guy didnt sell the diffuser for Sony Alphas (I saw the alpha version but its for sale in Malaysia)
Hi there Torak, i'm an alpha user too. I just got recently the "Puffer" diffuser for sony mount at store.tagotech.com. Hope it helps.

Make your own. The material can be bought from the supermarkets or even IKEA. The translucent non slip material is great. Then cut it to a desired shape and then fasten it to your camera via velcro tape. :)

As I have mentioned before, a bro in the other forum is giving it to Sony users for free.

Its ok la, i don like to trouble ppl to do things for me, think i either make myself or buy it.

Thanks though :)

Make your own. The material can be bought from the supermarkets or even IKEA. The translucent non slip material is great. Then cut it to a desired shape and then fasten it to your camera via velcro tape. :)

May I know what is the material please? :)

In the mean time, i'll try out using some paper or plastic bag, see if the effect is good or not LOL

Last edited:
Go down to IKEA, there is a piece of rubber mat meant for placing inside the drawers... it's translucent and has little pimples. :)

thx for the links.

I actually found out that the "paper" (abit like form type paper, donno what it is) used when packing lenses is pretty good to use. I cut out a long piece and wrap it around my build in flash (leaving a hollow center to disperse heat).

The ikea diffuser looks good for flash guns though, i will use it when i get an external flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.