self-made bounce card

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawninc

Aug 12, 2003
Visit site
hi there,

i just bought a flash recently, and i m now looking for a omni-bounce for some purposes. i checked the price of omni-bounce and i was shocked that one piece of plastic gotta cost so much, which i tot it only worth a few cents.

so, i wonder if u guyz can guide me to make my own bounce card. or let me know that any websites which have a detailed instruction of making bounce card. thnx :)

I've used an A4 cardboard which has the tendency to curve. At the end of it I attach a cardboard mount for my flash head. When I point my swivel flash head vertically up, the curvature of the cardboard intercepts the light and bounce. I guess with ingenuity you could construct a rigid bounce card with cardboard, sticky tape and glue.

For diffuser I look for a white plastic container and cut it to insert a mount for my flash head. Fortunately My hammer head flash gives me plenty of room for placing a mount on it for the bounce card or diffuser. Again my diffuser is around 90mmX130mm which is larger than the one I could get commercially.

However all these contraptions don't look great when you carry one around. I have people asking me why they are for. A pro wedding photographer was impressed with my bounce card that he got me to make one for him. Ha!

Rule of thumb for bounce cards : (Within practical limits) the bigger they are, the softer the light will be. Yes, they look funny, but from the years that I've shot with them, they give much better results than a $30 piece of plastic cap.

Regards
CK

search the forum on bounce cards, you'll get your answers

:D

hi folks,

sorry to ask, but when do u guys use the bounce card ?

Thnx :embrass:

bounce flash off ceiling and wall

u wan a not
i got a few pieces left!

lolz

i bought a card at few bucks
and cut them out gave them to pple

cuz i jus need 1

i can give u FOC if u wan

Sion said:
I've used an A4 cardboard which has the tendency to curve. At the end of it I attach a cardboard mount for my flash head. When I point my swivel flash head vertically up, the curvature of the cardboard intercepts the light and bounce. I guess with ingenuity you could construct a rigid bounce card with cardboard, sticky tape and glue.

For diffuser I look for a white plastic container and cut it to insert a mount for my flash head. Fortunately My hammer head flash gives me plenty of room for placing a mount on it for the bounce card or diffuser. Again my diffuser is around 90mmX130mm which is larger than the one I could get commercially.

However all these contraptions don't look great when you carry one around. I have people asking me why they are for. A pro wedding photographer was impressed with my bounce card that he got me to make one for him. Ha!
wah sion, finally see you here too. heh.
cheers

RuthBaby said:
bounce flash off ceiling and wall

u wan a not
i got a few pieces left!

lolz

i bought a card at few bucks
and cut them out gave them to pple

cuz i jus need 1

i can give u FOC if u wan

I am looking for one also....

wonder if you can give me...? ;p

many thanks for all of ur replies, really appreciate

hi ruthbaby, if u dun mind pls reserve one for me.. thnx :)

PM mi if u guys need
i will be ard geylang area on sunday
so u can pick them up

after 12 noon hor :)
i have 4 total....

so 2 r reserved by e 2 gentlemen up in e thread :thumbsup:

spirit said:
hi folks,

sorry to ask, but when do u guys use the bounce card ?

Thnx :embrass:

ckiang wrote a very good piece on flash photography.
it also cover a great deal on bouncing flash.

do a search for it.

Reserved By:
1. morganoh
2. spawninc
3. tantingchin

1 more left...
hmmm...

let see... maybe meet u guys in town betta

Sunday 4 pm at ikea cafe?
lolz!
im going for my poached salmon there....

;)

sky juice.. lolz!!!
i call them fake vodka!
lolz

@@ ya guys on sunday at ikea

hmm
pm mi for my numbers...
or catch an old auntie at ikea eating poached salmon
or look for my eyes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.