self-loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
was down with flu so today couldnt go for my sunday swim...but felt recovered enough to go outdoors for a walk. so i went to IT show.

came across nikon booth..and handled the D2H on display. had not been "at one" with such solid stuff for a long time.. attached was the nice little cutie 18-70 DX lens..i like the smooth black finish and the golden lettering engravings. then looekd into the viewfinder and was wow-ing at the 11 AF points . i kinda liked the way the AF points really spread all over and practically cover all the frame, with the outermost points located right next to the frame's edges.very very nice feature they have..but ah well, still prefer 45point biggie ellipse ;-)

then walked over to the canon area. i looked around..seems that many many were being psycho-ed to buy the 300D...walked past a long queue of customers..there was one lady pouring over a 300D catalogue..with a salesman alongsdie her extolling the virtues of digital cameras:

lady: what does "SLR" stand for?
salesman: ...erm "self-loading.." hmm you see, nowadays cameras all digital one. this one for example......

i chuckled...and walked on. sighz.
^_^

Yo,
OMG... doesn't these people had training before they served the customers?

Good lord... misleading the customers... Sigh...

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

clive said:
salesman: ...erm "self-loading.." hmm you see, nowadays cameras all digital one. this one for example......

^_^

Hahaha~! :bsmilie:
Err... Think he only explained the SL in SLR. What's the R supposed to mean huh? self-loading and reloading camera? Maybe self-loading and rewind camera! :D

Imagine how is he going to explain himself out of the situation if the customer was smart enough is ask "self-loading" what? hee hee He might just say, err.. "Load the lens...haveto self load the lens..." ...sigh :rolleyes:

I shot at the technical guy serving the nikon DSLR's booths, all knowledgable and can explain right down to the details of AF-S, DX, FLM, etc etc, pretty impressive. :)

clive said:

^_^

Its like that for IT shows, esp u see those part timers, and worse if its the first day of the show. little or zero training, they have to refer to lists for pricing and technical details.

get used to it, and this joke cld remain for a long time.

Not as famous as the "how come cannot use the LCD to see what I'm shooting ah?"

Heard that once at Konata, and once at the IT Show, and counting...

+2

di0nysus said:
Its like that for IT shows, esp u see those part timers, and worse if its the first day of the show. little or zero training, they have to refer to lists for pricing and technical details.

get used to it, and this joke cld remain for a long time.

ohhh yes... for a very long time!

clive said:
was down with flu so today couldnt go for my sunday swim...but felt recovered enough to go outdoors for a walk. so i went to IT show.

came across nikon booth..and handled the D2H on display. had not been "at one" with such solid stuff for a long time.. attached was the nice little cutie 18-70 DX lens..i like the smooth black finish and the golden lettering engravings. then looekd into the viewfinder and was wow-ing at the 11 AF points . i kinda liked the way the AF points really spread all over and practically cover all the frame, with the outermost points located right next to the frame's edges.very very nice feature they have..but ah well, still prefer 45point biggie ellipse ;-)

then walked over to the canon area. i looked around..seems that many many were being psycho-ed to buy the 300D...walked past a long queue of customers..there was one lady pouring over a 300D catalogue..with a salesman alongsdie her extolling the virtues of digital cameras:

^_^

Sadly true in Singapore . . . this same problem was featured in the newspapers recently. I remember getting a remark from a salesman at last year's computer show: "Nikon D2H is low end one, only 4.1 megapixels . . . D100 high end one, 6.1 megapixels." What to do, nowadays, the brand names (even Apple) are letting many toms, dicks and harrys to rep them at fairs, as long as they commit to high sales volumes and heavy a&p expenditure (including skimply dressed models).

dom72 said:
Sadly true in Singapore . . . this same problem was featured in the newspapers recently. I remember getting a remark from a salesman at last year's computer show: "Nikon D2H is low end one, only 4.1 megapixels . . . D100 high end one, 6.1 megapixels." What to do, nowadays, the brand names (even Apple) are letting many toms, dicks and harrys to rep them at fairs, as long as they commit to high sales volumes and heavy a&p expenditure (including skimply dressed models).

I guess it happened in other sectors as well. I remembered once when i wanted to buy Singapore dollar fund (unit trust) with a bank (it seemed to offer higher rates than saving account but not tied to a fixed period like fixed deposit), the financial planner keep telling me it is a high risk unit trust and insist that insurance is a better bet. I think he dosent know his products well and he is also motivated by the commission of selling insurance.

I didn't buy anything from him in the end.

D2H is just a measily 4MP webcam w/o built in flash. Of course it sucks compared to those 6MP and 8MP digital cameras. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Isn't slr = single lens reflex or something? :what:

AJ23 said:
D2H is just a measily 4MP webcam w/o built in flash. Of course it sucks compared to those 6MP and 8MP digital cameras. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I always cringe when I read reviews in photography magazines going as such: 'However the lack of a built in flash in the F100 reduces the rating of an otherwise fine camera...'

Anyone one to pass their lousy D2H with only 4mp to me in exchange for a shiok D100 with 6mp? :D

justarius said:
I always cringe when I read reviews in photography magazines going as such: 'However the lack of a built in flash in the F100 reduces the rating of an otherwise fine camera...'
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: I've seen worst, just look at how CNET rate the DSLRs.

justarius said:
Anyone one to pass their lousy D2H with only 4mp to me in exchange for a shiok D100 with 6mp? :D
6MP's JPEG too big, waste too much memory. :p :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.