$IMG_6430.jpg
Tampines Rovers defender Ismadi Mukhtar

$IMG_5883.jpg
Balestier Khalsa's 'keeper Zaiful Nizam floats in the air

$IMG_5212.jpg
Warriors FC's Shi Jiayi's eyes on the ball

$IMG_4310.jpg
Former Man Utd winger Lee Sharpe in action at The Padang

Some of the challenges taking pictures at those SSC stadiums are the poor lighting conditions that striking a right balance of the ISO, shutter and "f" is pretty crucial.

Some of my past works can be found via this link http://www.bolasepako.com/search/label/matchpix%20album

Please feel free to share your thoughts and looking forward to some pointers, as I am still learning... thanks :)

The photos seems to be on high compression. Lots of artifacts around the edges.

$enlarge.jpg
Well, I have taken the liberty to enlarge your last photo of Lee Sharpe as above. Take a closer look around his head, neck and hips. You can see faint lines/patches of colour that doesn't fit the surrounding pixels. This is a sign of either:
1)JPEG file is saved as low quality(high file compress)
2)Too much image processing (could be noise reduction/sharpening)
3)Extrapolation of image (Scaling up the resolution digitally)

Or a combination of any of the above.

View attachment 7739
Well, I have taken the liberty to enlarge your last photo of Lee Sharpe as above. Take a closer look around his head, neck and hips. You can see faint lines/patches of colour that doesn't fit the surrounding pixels. This is a sign of either:
1)JPEG file is saved as low quality(high file compress)
2)Too much image processing (could be noise reduction/sharpening)
3)Extrapolation of image (Scaling up the resolution digitally)

Or a combination of any of the above.

Thanks for your reply. :)

I don't deny those shots were touched up and not in full resolution too (as I need to do so for my blogging purposes) with all those shots saved as JPEG format (due to space constraint).

Not sure what's your imaging workflow is but 40-80kb for an image that's 800x738 pixel in size is very high compression.Though you can still generally see the photo, you will start seeing loss of detail and discolouration around the lines in the photos. You can tell from the caption text at the bottom, the edges are not crisp and starting to blur. You may want to consider using a 3rd party image hosting website (flickr,photobucket etc) to link your pictures to your blog if you are concerned about bandwidth. Just a suggestion.

Not sure what's your imaging workflow is but 40-80kb for an image that's 800x738 pixel in size is very high compression.Though you can still generally see the photo, you will start seeing loss of detail and discolouration around the lines in the photos. You can tell from the caption text at the bottom, the edges are not crisp and starting to blur. You may want to consider using a 3rd party image hosting website (flickr,photobucket etc) to link your pictures to your blog if you are concerned about bandwidth. Just a suggestion.

Thanks and appreciate for your feedback again on my photos.

FYI, I'm using "Blogger" as my blogging platform which means I conveniently use the in-house image hosting to host my images, I did try in the past by merely copy/paste images URL if I stored them in my FB but the result was disastrous when FB changed the settings and caused a lot of "broken images", which is why I am hesitant in using third party hosting (like photobucket, as suggested).

Being someone not so technically-gifted, I am using "Picasa" at this stage and save almost all my images (for blogging purposes)in "1600 pixels" setting.

$IMG_6689.jpg
Initially, I thought of removing this shot until I saw the facial details of the referee watching the action, which was a distance away from him at that point of time (this was after I "blown up and zoom" the image).

$IMG_6687.jpg
Clearing the danger in the box, many of times I was caught in situation of which type of "metering" should I used in shot like this.

Both pictures were taken at Jalan Besar Stadium, where I would default my settings at ISO 2500, f2.8, 1/1250, using Canon 70-200/2.8 (non-IS) on my 50D

$IMG_6948.jpg
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright bites a "Chapteh" before he gets ready for the challange

$IMG_6939.jpg
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright, former Stoke City star Mamady Sidibe & ex-Everton's Graham Stuart with the famed Singapore skyline as the backdrop for this shot

I did little editing as the sunlight was strong enough and I recalled snapping this using "Av" mode.

$IMG_7154 copy.jpg
- Hougang Utd's 'keeper Ahmadulhaq Che Omar watches the ball floats

I do notice that when the background is black in color, it helps to get the focusing easily.

$IMG_7614.jpg$IMG_7569.jpg

Both shots were cropped and closed up... I used "Curves" function of the Photoshop to enhance the brightness of the images.

Last edited:
Some shots from the recent Barclays Asia Trophy at Kallang

$IMG_8389.jpg
Stoke City's Peter Crouch (25) utilized his advantage to the fullest in this aerial duel

$IMG_8712.jpg
Arsenal's new signing Petr Cech gathered the ball with ease.

$IMG_0833.jpg
AC Milan's Keisuke Honda stares at the back of the training jersey of his team mate.

$IMG_5033.jpg
Shot this at Hougang Stadium where lights were poor that I had to use "curves" to highlight a few areas

po hui you are the true guru.
seldom any photographer following sg football now.
hang in there!

Thanks for your comments, I am lucky and grateful for the opportunity. Here are some shots from my stock...

$IMG_5181.jpg
- The shot of the moment when Tampines Rovers' Yasir Hanapi (middle) unleashed his shot from here to score the only goal of the game against Selangor FA at Kallang on 10th of May.

$IMG_5817.jpg
- Synchronized Posture snapped in this effort in a S.League match between Garena Young Lions and Brunei DPMM at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

Last edited:
Just got myself a "7D Mk2" which I am still trying to fully utilize it

$DC7_8606.jpg
- The players in two rows running towards my direction

$DC7_8751.jpg
- The focus was on the "Jin Dong Hotel" when snapped this shot

Last edited:
Back in the National Stadium for the Community Shield match between Albirex Niigata (S) and Tampines Rovers

$DC7_9906.jpg
- Waiting for the corner ...

$DC7_9907.jpg
- Tampines Rovers' GK Izwan Mahbud claimed the ball

Last edited:
$DC7_8433.jpg$DC7_8605.jpg
- Jalan Besar Stadium provides the best lights for football shooting but it can be a pain in neck as one may need to adjust the settings as where and when the actions are.

Last edited: