SEL18200 for Nex-5 out

Hi, Which sony site. I don't think it is a local site

September 10 according to my last call with Sonystyle. Or call them up yourself and ask. It's not difficult.

I think it's almost 3rd week or end of sept by the time it reach S'pore because I think Sept 10 is the release date in USA....

had emailed to sony singapore...waititng for their reply. had bad experience calling this hotline lol...

Call a branch directly.

well put it simply we will not be getting the stock first or the early batch. look at the way the accessories reaching this little island.

but well am happy to see that 18-200 is way ahead of what i was expecting, but come later is good because there are rumours of new lens for emount based on other threads, so give us more time to considered if to go emount or otherwise.

$1199? seriously? u guys considering getting it?

sony emailed me saying this lens will be out end of this mth but no price yet(how come no price but the website stated as $1299. tsk tsk) Also received a call from bugis branch that this will be out end of this year LOL...different answers from diff ppl lol...

That's RRP. Who on this forum ever buys RRP? ;)

u sure no one? :bsmilie:
btw, how far off from RRP it will be for street price? -20%? still ~S$10400 :bigeyes:
NEX series is very new, plus it is E-mount!
it also targeting amateur, casual user... rite?
S$1040 seriously? :nono:;(

Last edited:
u sure no one? :bsmilie:
btw, how far off from RRP it will be for street price? -20%? still ~S$10400 :bigeyes:
NEX series is very new, plus it is E-mount!
it also targeting amateur, casual user... rite?
S$10400 seriously? :nono:;(

There's an extra zero in your numbers. ;)

i bought nex5 at rrp at ssg w/o freebies.
i bought during launch. =X

waiting for 18200mm release... next yr can go shoot F1. :)

hope it will be out soon. I want to shoot THIS year's F1

ah for best value should get with the upcoming vg10 ! the 18-200 will be included as part of the videocam kit =)

felt the 18 200 before at BEST i think

not sure if its demo or what

but feels heavy (couldbedemo)
hhaas

Seriously. For that kind of price, I expect the lens to be f/2.8 and smaller size too!
Its ridiculous to make the camera small and the lens so big. Its hardly smaller than my Pentax 18-250 and that's for a DSLR! :)

might as well get the VG10 as well~ then u'll have the NEX + 1855 + 16f28 + 18200.... AND a camcorder that records stunning videos.. if RRP is 1199, then...assuming the VG10's gonna be $3k.. it's only 4k for everything~