Seitz 6x17 Digital Camera (150MP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does work like a scanner of sorts...there are other scanning backs available for attaching to large format cameras...but like scanners and unlike single shot backs, the capture is not instantaneous...although the manufacturer for this system claims it is very fast and almost like single shot...

but like I mentioned in the panorama thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=222630&page=2... ... ... it costs 28,900 Euros :eek: :bigeyes: :eek:

oh, and it is huge...look at the image of the person handholding it...

Price and physical size not withstanding, it does have promising specs. Probably the "mobile" digital solution many panorama enthusiasts are looking though the price puts it out of reach for most amateur photographers.

The size of the thing is pretty off putting though.

Seitz-6x17-handheld.jpg

Put a set of wheels on it and it becomes a skateboard! I think I'll stick to my film 6x17 for now.

The D3 Roundshot is even more crazy, 47 megapixels for a 360 degree shot!

1 photo 1GB??? SL-DVD can oni burn 4 photos? DL-DVD: 8 photos??
If wan to take more, gt to buy BUFFALO Terastation HD-H1.6TGL 1.6TB NAS when moving around to take photos liao??

the mobile version is tethered to a mac mini
replace the harddisk inside with a Seagate 750GB and you're pretty much set.

Archiving all the photos you take though will be another matter. I don't think 1 terrastation will be enough:bsmilie:

1 photo 1GB??? SL-DVD can oni burn 4 photos? DL-DVD: 8 photos??
If wan to take more, gt to buy BUFFALO Terastation HD-H1.6TGL 1.6TB NAS when moving around to take photos liao??

Status
Not open for further replies.