SEGWAY at COMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

limhousen

Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
Did anybody try the SEGWAY at COMEX?

I went there on Sunday afternoon and saw a man in HP polo shirt with one of these. Immediately kenna gian and asked to try it. The guy was very nice and even taught me some basic operation.

It is an amazing piece of machinery. Can really balance by itself and operates by leaning forwards and backwards. You turn by twisting the handle like the throttle on a motorcycle. Very very short learning curve. Cannot understand how George Bush can fall off one of these things.

I personally do not think it is suitable for the pavement. Its like putting the cyclist and pedestrians on the same pathway at East Coast Park. The SEGWAY is very powerful and can go really fast (ie. high potential to cause serious bodily harm). Cost: $14,000.

limhousen said:
... Cost: $14,000.
heh, a really expensive toy, considering that it is not approved for road-use, and it'll probably be banned from pedestrian paths.

I believe you'll need to pay this thing called road tax.

YSLee said:
I believe you'll need to pay this thing called road tax.
haha, not all road-users need to pay road tax, else cyclists will have it hard.

Ok, I heard it from one of the guys selling it, you can bring it on the road, but you'll need to pay road tax.

i still don't think the segway will be allowed on the roads legally, just like those motorized bikes. LTA imposed a ban on them, but look at what we have around the neighbourhoods zipping around... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.