Seen better days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
A little bit of background information: It is a common sight to have chairs/sofas/benches outside of homes here to welcome your guests. Or just to sit and chat with neighbours/friends/etc. On one of my shortcuts through a slightly more rundown neighbourhood, I spotted this obviously well-used and tired sofa, thus the title "Seen better days..."

Kodak TMax-400. Handheld 1/15s at f/2.8. Scanned, adjustments and toning made in the digital darkroom :)sweat: haven't ventured into playing in a traditional darkroom yet. maybe some time later...)

Shot with the aim of trying to convey a sense of age and tiredness. Does this work for you? :think:

temp70.jpg

i couldn't recognize what it was at first, but now I see. reminded me of my late grandfather's bed.

nice shot.

Heh. I apologise for the size. The bandwidth here sucks big time. Would have posted a much larger sized picture if I could. I also somehow feel the shrunk version doesn't do justice to this photo. Can't see the grain properly either. Heh.

nice, like the overall feel of it.

seems just a little tilted?

looks like a lovely postcard.

:sweat: :p Heh. You're right. I corrected by eye in CS2 only. Guess it wasn't close enough. Drawing a line in CaptureNX showed it still needed 0.23 deg CW rotation.

Thanks tribalsnake :)

And thanks deckard for looking :)

Oh. It's not my hosting server that's the problem. It's the local connection that is the problem :) Thanks for suggesting though.

If I did not read your background information - just by looking at a shot and its title - I would have had hard time guessing what am I looking at. In part because it is in B&W, in part because it is dark, and also because it is a frontal shot.

Ok. Tks wunderkind. I tried other angles, but unfortunately both sides had other distracting objects which would take away the focus on the subject. Thus the decision to shoot head-on.

Oh, and I also resized the image to 600x400 for easier viewing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.