Seeking Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photohobby

Jun 14, 2007
Hi

I am new to ClubSNAP here. I was a film SLR hobbyist many years back and stop photography for a while. Now I decided to pick up photography again. What I need now is to buy a DSLR.

Can someone recommend me, a newbie to digital, some DSLR for comparison and my consideration please as there are just too many..

I hope to consider a DSLR that are:

- priced between $1k-$2k,
- mid-light weight,
- able to handle macro and reasonable landscape/travel pictures,
- no preference on branding/system,
- reasonable good features packed.

I am not familiar with digital SLR so spare me if my above requirements are too unrealistic or else maybe recommend me a few popular DSLR among hobbyist within my budget to help me to make a informed choice.

Thank you.

Hi

I am new to ClubSNAP here. I was a film SLR hobbyist many years back and stop photography for a while. Now I decided to pick up photography again. What I need now is to buy a DSLR.

Can someone recommend me, a newbie to digital, some DSLR for comparison and my consideration please as there are just too many..

I hope to consider a DSLR that are:

- priced between $1k-$2k,
- mid-light weight,
- able to handle macro and reasonable landscape/travel pictures,
- no preference on branding/system,
- reasonable good features packed.

I am not familiar with digital SLR so spare me if my above requirements are too unrealistic or else maybe recommend me a few popular DSLR among hobbyist within my budget to help me to make a informed choice.

Thank you.
Almost all brand of DSLR will fit into consideration, and most are depend on the lenses insted of cameras, and each brand of camera will have it advantage and disadvantage. It's more of a matter on your hands on trial on the DSLR, colour/output of the photos, current lenses you have, friend to share lens/equipment etc, certainly some reading on the camera you interested before trying would help e.g. DPReview
zoosh compiled DSLR newbie guide + Product/Price/Outlet List

There are actually many similar thread in this forum, you may have a look on others comment, e.g.
Sony A100 or Nikon D80 or Canon 400D?

Status
Not open for further replies.