Seeking Opinion for old Pentax MZ-3 w/ Sigma 28-200 lens.

Playtennis

Feb 2, 2018
Singapore
Hi All,

Hope this is the correct forum to seek for opinions. I have an old Pentax MZ-3 w/ Sigma 28-200 lens. Cosmetic of both are good but will require cleaning internally. However, the MZ-3 is malfunction due prolong unused. Please advise what can I do with the old kit?

1. Trade-in to buy new accessories for my current digital camera? Pls recommend the shops..
2. Repair then sell for some money? I am just concerned that the cost of repair may be more than what the camera is worth...
3. Give it away? I am ok to consider this option but I hope that this person can repair the camera and put it to good use.
4. Forget it. Just throw.

Appreciate your inputs. Cheers!

I wouldn't recommend repairing it at least. It might be a little more troublesome than worth the effort especially with the lens requiring disassembly to clean. Then again, I'm no repairman. I'm just basing it off a hunch. Camera wise maybe if you have the time you can put in a set of new batteries and try to diagnose the symptoms if you want to try your luck. Sometimes I buy second-hand cameras listed as broken or not working but don't have any evident signs of heavy use or damage. They generally work fine after cleaning out the battery contacts (or in the odd case, shaking the camera a little).

Not sure where you can trade in film cameras. I guess you could give it away for someone else to have a go at fixing it.