Seeking help in domain and host registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there
i am seeking advice from kind soul who has gone through the process of choosing a domain and server to host their websites.
i am completely new to registering for one so please have patience with me. :) appreciate it

there are alot of vendors out there. could you advise on just a few better/reliable ones i can look at? are they any hidden fees/loopholes that i should be looking out for?
i would just need a good dependable site to u/l via ssh or ftp.
thank you for your kind advice.

haagen_dazs said:
hi there
i am seeking advice from kind soul who has gone through the process of choosing a domain and server to host their websites.
i am completely new to registering for one so please have patience with me. :) appreciate it

there are alot of vendors out there. could you advise on just a few better/reliable ones i can look at? are they any hidden fees/loopholes that i should be looking out for?
If you are going to upload images thru ftp either from your cam or computer then you don't need a meaningful domain name. Just register those free dynamic IP such as selfip.net then you will have ftp://ftp.mark.selfip.net
If you are using Netgear ADSL Router then setup cost is zero.
If you need reliable hosting, can consider and check out www.siteground.com

haagen_dazs said:
hi there

Check PM :)

u sure u want in singapore huh? IMHO if you need technical support it may be difficult due different time zone, but again it is up to you.

for register domain name (no .sg one) u may tried:
- godaddy.com
- register.com
- bulkregister.com
- yahoo.com
- etc etc

make sure you point your domain nameserver to nameserver hosting company

hosting company:

- CLUBSNAP.ORG
- qala.com.sg
- webvision.com.sg
- singnet.com.sg

and ofcourse if you like... www.ubans.com :)

xl1 said:
u sure u want in singapore huh? IMHO if you need technical support it may be difficult due different time zone, but again it is up to you.

for register domain name (no .sg one) u may tried:
- godaddy.com
- register.com
- bulkregister.com
- yahoo.com
- etc etc

and ofcourse if you like... www.ubans.com :)
Thanks guys! for all your help . xl1 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.