Seeking for recommendations on affordable suitcase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray_stinger

Hey guys, I'll be leaving SG for the states at end of Dec for a year long internship. As this is the first time I am traveling such long distances, I would like to seek out opinions on suitable suitcases I can get to transport my clothes there. Any suggestions on where I can buy the suitcases will be greatly appreciated. I have a small budget ~$100 +/-, not sure if that will be sufficient to get a relatively good one that can load about 25kg of stuff? Thanks guys! :D

Check out Furama City Centre.

May have some slightly above your budget. Under 100 may be a lil difficult to get something decent. Look around for the size that you'll need. Alternatively, if you can bump the budget up, look for Samsonite (there is one Samsonite shop having a moving out sale at Millenia Walk IIRC)

how about the new alibaba bag from the SAF
im actually considering that since it has been lying dormant underneath my bed for a long while gathering dust...but im afraid that the contents inside the duffel bag may get damage due to rough handling of check in luagages? :bsmilie:

Check out Furama City Centre.

May have some slightly above your budget. Under 100 may be a lil difficult to get something decent. Look around for the size that you'll need. Alternatively, if you can bump the budget up, look for Samsonite (there is one Samsonite shop having a moving out sale at Millenia Walk IIRC)

Thanks man, I'll check those places out when my exams are over next mth...hope their moving out sales will still be around by then! :dunno:

Mustafa, they have a very large range of models from old to new.
Recommended brand within your budget is Delsey.
Factors to look out for are weight & size(interior).
Quality doesn't really matter cos there's baggage claim in airport.

Hi
If you are not bringing too much delicate stuff, use what you have, even the SAF bag and get a nice rolling duffel bag or the like from www.rei.com, LLBean, or many other shops in USA where is is cheaper and better.
Brands like High Sierra, Eagle Creek, Osprey etc come to mind. A good bag will last you a long time, so get a good one

Cheers

PS: bring as little as possible, most things are cheaper there and you get buy what you need, and leave room instead for things of sentimental value, or food stuff.

You don't want to lug 5 times the amount back.

Hey guys, I'll be leaving SG for the states at end of Dec for a year long internship. As this is the first time I am traveling such long distances, I would like to seek out opinions on suitable suitcases I can get to transport my clothes there. Any suggestions on where I can buy the suitcases will be greatly appreciated. I have a small budget ~$100 +/-, not sure if that will be sufficient to get a relatively good one that can load about 25kg of stuff? Thanks guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.