Seeking advise how to restore pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthian

Jun 4, 2007
Seeking advise and help in this issue:
My Kingston CF card plug in card reader and all the pictures in card has gone disappeared. It has only left an empty folder. I unplug from card reader and plug in to DSLR camera, preview show 'no image' but counter showing remaining shoot available. Those pictures are very important to me and I am trying to find way to restore back those pictures. I believe somebody may have experience this before, please please....help! Your advise is very very much appreciated!

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Do a search... (if you think it's been discussed before)

Anyway, there are a few data recovery programs for this purpose. One is called Image rescue from Lexar.

Some may require money to get the program working.

pip22

Jan 18, 2009
As zac says, lexar have an image recovery tool. If you buy a new lexar CF card the tool is supplied free with some of them.

jthian

Jun 4, 2007
Is this recovery tool wk to other brand of CF card?

thousand million thanks for advise......

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Wouldn't be surprised if this is just a different (or slightly better) tool to restore and recover a spoilt FAT file system. Had an issue where the file system in CF card got screwed: file names all messed up, file sizes and dates with weird data. A simple "chkdsk -f" worked well, the files got restored as "filexxxx.chk" (xxxx being ascending numbers). Just did a batch rename to *.jpg, then checked them in detail. Using EXIF I could restore original file names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom