Seeking advices on image resizing techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shchow

Dec 13, 2005
Singapore CLEMENTI
spaces.msn.com
hi,

I'm new to digital photography post-processing. I am seeking for advices that I can quickly convert and resize my pictures taken with E-500 in RAW format. Right now, i find difficulties in doing a good resize to a file size less than 100K (CS's gallery limit) that still looks good, not loosing much details and have minimum artifacts.

I've tried with both the Olympus Studio and Photoshop CS. Still don't really know what's the best values for the options. For example, in olympus software, we can select the "Quality", do you guys always choose "Standard" instead of "High Quality" and save in "JPEG" instead of "Exif-JPEG"?

I know this might seems a stupid question to many of you out there... but, i am trying to find out what's your practice... just to learn.

Thank you in advance for your inputs.

~Sheu Hau~

to display on the web,

1) downsize your images to 72 dpi (600 x 400 is good enough for viewing)
2) save as JPEG (Quality around 8 - 10) if you are using Photoshop
3) if it's the file size that's the limitation, use SAVE FOR WEB in Photoshop, it will further downsize the image to a smaller size (but still maintaining the aspect ratio) while you can also choose the display quality (rendered in realtime for reference also)

experiment for the best results :)

SniperD said:
to display on the web,

1) downsize your images to 72 dpi (600 x 400 is good enough for viewing)
2) save as JPEG (Quality around 8 - 10) if you are using Photoshop
3) if it's the file size that's the limitation, use SAVE FOR WEB in Photoshop, it will further downsize the image to a smaller size (but still maintaining the aspect ration) while you can also choose the display quality (rendered in realtime for reference also)

experiment for the best results :)

Thanks ShiperD! :) Will try out your advice.

~ SH ~

Status
Not open for further replies.